ok..BUTTERFLIES!

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Iteachyourkids, Jun 30, 2009.

1. Iteachyourkids

Iteachyourkids Companion

Jun 30, 2009

In 13 hours I will be interviewing for a first grade position in my dream district. I'm still waiting to hear back from last week..but the nerves just now hit me and I'm going CRAZYYYYYY.

Last week , I worked myself up for over two weeks before my interview...and now I've only known about this interview tomorrow for like....10 hours...and I'm freaking.

I'm trying to just go in as myself and remain as calm as possible.

3. Rebel1

Rebel1 Connoisseur

Jun 30, 2009

BE CALM! It will be okay. When I saw your title I was READY to talk about BUTTERFLIES:D because it was our Class Theme last week. You will do GREAT!
    Rebel1

4. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jun 30, 2009

I much prefer the quick interviews to ones you know a few days ahead of time. You don't have that much time to overthink and work yourself up. Make sure you have everything together (interview outfit, accessories, portfolio). Do some practicing in the mirror or w/ a friend/relative. Good luck!

5. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Jun 30, 2009

Breathe. You will do fine. You are prepared. This job is yours. You can answer their questions with ease. Practice asking yourself questions. Be ready. Ask yourself the things that you know that they will ask. You can do it. You can do it. You can do it! Say this to yourself. Make it a positive experience. You will stay on topic. You will smile. You will appear relaxed. Deep breathing really will help! My fingers and toes are crossed for you!

6. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Jun 30, 2009

Good luck!!!!!!!!! :D

7. Iteachyourkids

Iteachyourkids Companion

Jun 30, 2009

Thanksssssssssssssssssss guys!!!!!

8. melissa803

melissa803 Comrade

Jun 30, 2009

My nerves can be horrible. Practice so you feel really prepared. The day before make sure you know the way and your clothes are ironed. Exercise or do something to make you tired and relaxed the night before. Go to bed early. Take deep breaths and listen to something calming on the way. Know that you will do your best. Walk with confidence and smile!

Good luck!

9. DHE

DHE Connoisseur

Jun 30, 2009

Best wishes to you