Oh no!

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by runsw/scissors, Jun 9, 2008.

1. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Jun 9, 2008

I just went to the movies with my sister. I ordered popcorn with just a little bit of butter, but apparently the kid behind the counter doesn't quite know what "a little bit" means. He gave me so much is soaked through the bag and onto my favorite pants! I have put stain stick all over the grease spot, and I seriously hope it comes out, but is there anything else I should do as well? I won't ever be ordering buttered popcorn in the future.

3. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jun 9, 2008

That's good that you put something on it as soon as you got home so the stain won't set in. I'm sure there's some home remedies, but I wouldn't know. Good luck w/ your pants! :)

4. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Jun 9, 2008

Dish soap is good at breaking up grease. Squirt it on from the bottle and let it soak in, brush it with a toothbrush if you have an extra one somewhere. I always let it sit for an hour, rinse it under water and let it air dry to see if it came out before washing.

5. Erin Elizabeth

Erin Elizabeth Groupie

Jun 9, 2008

I used to work at a movie theater in college. I ruined MANY clothes with the "butter." It's just vegetable oil with butter flavor. I agree, try using the dish soap. You may even use dishwasher detergent. Also if you have any degreaser around the house try that, but test it in an inconspicuous spot. Good luck!

6. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Jun 9, 2008

Would it be safe to do this even with the stain stick? Should I let them soak overnight?

7. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Jun 9, 2008

I have used dish soap and it took it out.

8. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Jun 9, 2008

There shouldn't be anything in the regular dish soap that would interact, but I would rinse the stain stick out of it before trying dishwasher detergent because they frequently contain bleach so it may interact with something. Usually the dish soap works after an hour or so, overnight wouldn't hurt anything.

9. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Jun 9, 2008

Thanks. I'm going to try it right now.

10. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Jun 10, 2008

Did it work?

11. Turtle321

Turtle321 Companion

Jun 10, 2008

Sprinkle baby powder over the stain, then brush off. This will leave powder to absorb the grease. Leave on for a few minutes, then proceed with dish soap and/or stain stick.

Good Luck!

12. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Jun 10, 2008

I put dish soap directly on the stained areas and soaked them in cold water in the kitchen skink overnight. This morning I rinsed the pants out in the sink, and they are currently line drying in my living room. So far I don't see any trace of stain, but they are still damp. I'm waiting until they are dry or mostly dry before completly exhaling. I may have to put them through the wash as well before I get it all, but so far things look OK.

13. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Jun 12, 2008

Yea! The grease came out! Thank you thank you thank you! Now I just need to iron the pants and they will look as good as new!

14. Irishdave

Irishdave Enthusiast

Jun 12, 2008

:party: :partyhat: :clap: :partyhat: :party: :2up: :party: :partyhat: :clap: :partyhat: :2up: :party: :clap: :partyhat: :2up: :up: :up: