OH no! Empty Room

Discussion in 'General Education' started by MzMooreTeaches, Aug 12, 2013.

1. MzMooreTeaches

MzMooreTeaches Cohort

Aug 12, 2013

So, I finally decided to venture in to the classroom today. Only to discover that it is empty... almost.

I have 3 student desk, 2 teacher chairs (1 which is broke), 1 rolling chair. Cabinets are empty, phone was sitting on the floor. I did discover some teacher resources in one of the cabinet with tons of workbooks that are almost outdated since Common Core was implemented last year.

Not discouraged yet because I'm excited about the smart board, 3 student computers, white board space and 2 bathrooms. By the time I left one teacher donated a kidney table to me and I found a huge rolling thingy in the hallway. I can see a year of Donors Choose Projects in my future.

Luckily I have enough things to start the year off with... Feeling optimistic, not overwhelmed, just need the basic decorative things to put the kids names up etc. I have some plants around the house I plan to take up there to help out. At least I didn't have the teacher clutter left behind, lol.:whistle:

Donors Choose Future Projects
    1. Large Group Rug
    2. Storage Space
    3. Different kinds of seating and work space
    4. Lakeshore and Kaplan will be my friend.

3. schoolteacher

schoolteacher Habitué

Aug 12, 2013

That's great to have a plan. It sounds like you have some good ideas to make it work out. Good luck! I have a feeling good things are coming your way.

4. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Aug 12, 2013

You have a great attitude!

5. MzMooreTeaches

MzMooreTeaches Cohort

Aug 12, 2013

Thanks SchoolTeacher and cazcza! I appreciate your kind thoughts. I have to have a positive attitude, I know that negativity will not get anywhere. I'm just looking forward to a great school year. I can do a lot of activities with the smart board alone. I just want to pull my room together quickly, but I know it takes time.