Oh my goodness! Oh my goodness! Oh my goodness!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Peachyness, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Aug 26, 2008

I just got off the phone with the HR person at this district in my hometown where I worked three years prior. Originally, she asked if I would do kindergarten full time (temp contract). Just now, she asked if I would be willing to teach first grade (also temp, but I think this is a long term sub assignment, but not 100% sure, but goes to the end of the year). I'm so excited!!!!!! She said that the position will open up to the contracted teachers first in the district, and if no one takes it, then it will be mine. THis happened when I first taught in the district. They had a temp overflow kinder class and that had to be opened up to the district first. Of course, none of the contracted teachers took it because who in their right mind would leave a stable permanent grade to go to a temp grade (their words). So, I got that first job. Now, I am going through the similar situation. She is setting up a fingerprinting appointment for me right now and will call back to tell me the time. She wants to get the paperwork started so that I'm ready to go!!!!!!

Still, I shouldn't celebrate.... But I can't help to be so excited. I'm already going through some ideas!!!! GAH!!!!!! After the problems that I went through last year, this is a godsend! :love: Even if it is only a temp position and probably a LTS position. IT's something and may help me get my foot into the door, again.

3. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Aug 26, 2008

And if I do end up getting this assignment, I will work so hard that I will blow them away. I have three years of teaching under my belt now..... :D

4. RSMY

RSMY Rookie

Aug 26, 2008

CONGRATULATIONS!

5. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Aug 26, 2008

Well, she still hasn't called back..... I"m sure she will soon. You know how districts tend to work slow... :) But, being a worry wart, I'm starting to worry...........

6. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Aug 26, 2008

She still hasn't called back regarding the fingerprinting time. I wonder if I should call her??? Or should I just wait. ?????

7. frogger

frogger Devotee

Aug 26, 2008

Call back in the morning if you don't hear from her by around 10ish.

8. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Aug 26, 2008

Okay... that sounds good. THanks! I just called her and got a voice mail. Either she already left for the day, or she's swamped, or something.... It's driving me insane. I have this job within the reach of my fingers. I have classes tonight and I can't even concentrate on doing the homework.

9. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Aug 26, 2008

Congrats!!!!! I know it isn't in stone yet, but your right that no other perm. teachers would want to leave their stable jobs. Good luck!

10. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Aug 26, 2008

Thanks! Yes, no one will take it. I just don't understand why she hasn't called back yet regarding the fingerprint. One part of my brains says that she doesn't want me anymore. Another part of my brain says that she couldn't get through to the fingerprinting department or they have to get back to her or she just got too busy and figured she'll call me tomorrow. She also asked me for my phone number and part of me wonders if she heard me right. Maybe she tried to call, but got someone else and now feels that she'll get someone else.... See, I'm driving myself crazy!!!! :(

11. Pisces_Fish

Pisces_Fish Fanatic

Aug 26, 2008

That is SOOO AWESOME!!

12. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Aug 26, 2008

She just called me!!!!!!! She decided to put me in kindergarten!!!!! I will start as a sub this Friday (gulp!) and be LTS until mid September. And then from Mid September I will be on a temp contract until the end of the year. They will do a very informal interview when the temp contract time comes up, but I'm 100% postiive I will do fine, seeing as how I have two years experience teaching kinder. Oh, and the princiapl was very excited to hear about me and my previous experience. She decided to put me in kinder because she felt, one my previous experience, and two, she feels I'll have more future opportunities after teaching this clas. So, I pretty much have it!!!! :D :D :D :D

Oh goodness, hear comes the nervous stomach feeling. I have to get ready for this class and I only have until Thursday!!!!! EEEEEK

13. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Aug 26, 2008

Good luck, Peachy! I hope that everything works out for you!

ETA: Congratulations!

14. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Aug 26, 2008

YAY!!! Congrats! I know that those kids are getting a GREAT kinder teacher!

15. daysy_may

daysy_may Groupie

Aug 26, 2008

Woohoo that is GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. jenglish97

jenglish97 Devotee

Aug 26, 2008

Hooray!! CONGRATS! Good luck!!!

17. MissWull

MissWull Cohort

Aug 26, 2008

YAAAAAAAAY!!!! I'm soooo excited for you!! :) You'll do great, I know it! Have fun with those kinders!!! ;)

18. kinderkc

kinderkc Companion

Aug 26, 2008

congrats!!!

19. McKennaL

McKennaL Groupie

Aug 26, 2008

WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL!!!!!!!

:hugs: :lol: :rolleyes: :lol: :hugs:

May your good luck rub off on ALL of us!!!!

20. jw13

jw13 Groupie

Aug 26, 2008

CONGRATULATIONS PEACHY!!!:2up:

21. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Aug 26, 2008

Thanks everyone. I'm still beaming! :) I had class tonight and could barely concentrate.... I kept thinking about my classroom, things that I need to do, and so much more. But, I at least did fine with the lab portion (no explosions :D)

I'm so excited.

22. mmswm

mmswm Moderator

Aug 26, 2008

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's so fantastic. I'm really happy for you. :)

23. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Aug 27, 2008

Thank you! I'm so excited I won't be able to sleep for a while. :whistle:

24. 3littlemonkeys

3littlemonkeys Comrade

Aug 27, 2008

Congrats, that is awesome news!!!

25. 4myclass

4myclass Cohort

Aug 27, 2008

:2up:There is hope for us all! Congrats.

26. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Aug 27, 2008

Yup! This is my second time being hired after the school year already started. What helped in this case was that I sent an email directly to the HR in charge and reiterated my interest in this job that I applied to. I know that when I went to a job fair, one of the recruiters said that they only bother interviewing candidates who bother to call/email them about the job, reiterating their interest. So, there is just one helpful tip that may make or break your getting the job.

27. BioAngel

BioAngel Science Teacher - Grades 3-6

Aug 27, 2008

YAY!!!! Just hearing about how excited you are to have this position gives me more energy! :D And I can use it... I'm off to my 2 hour long faculty meeting. ANOTHER faculty meeting, as we've had one Thursday, Monday, Tuesday, and now today. *sigh* lol

28. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Aug 27, 2008

I'm excited but I can't work until I get fingerprinted. She had to leave a message and said that she'll get back to me when they tell her the time for me to come in. Still haven't heard from her. I am supposed to start this Friday... will I be able to be fingerprinted in time??? BLEH! Why do I have to be fingerprinted again! This'll be my like, my fifth time.

29. Maryhf

Maryhf Connoisseur

Aug 27, 2008

Hip hip hooray! Hip hip hooray! Hip hip hooray! 3 cheers for Peachy!:yawn:

30. MsMar

MsMar Fanatic

Aug 27, 2008

YIPPEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!! I am so super happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!

31. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Aug 27, 2008

Thanks!!! I'm starting to get a little nervous though. I haven't seen the classroom yet, I don't know what they have been doing, I don't know anything about the kids...... so, I feel like I'm coming into this cold and unprepared. At least the principal is willing to let me come in tomorrow to have a look around and to talk to my partner teacher. Plus, he also asked if I would attend Back to School Night tomorrow. I really can't wait until I have full control of this class. I'm so excited!!!!! Just nervous too. I'm especially excited that it's only half day kinder :D:D:D At my other school district, we were full day kinder and BOY was that exhausting (but I got used to it quickly).

32. kinderkc

kinderkc Companion

Aug 27, 2008

Once again congrats peachyness!

I just had a quick question for you...when you said above that you emailed the hr person directly was this after applying for a listed position or did you just email them letting them know you would like to work in their disrict etc. ?

33. Rebel1

Rebel1 Connoisseur

Aug 27, 2008

RELAX!
    You'll be fine. THINGS happen for a reason SO just RELAX.
    Good luck and hope everything works out.
    R1

34. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Aug 27, 2008

This was after I applied to a position. They were dragging their feet and I was tired of waiting, so that's when I decided to email them and get my name back out to them. I'm sure I wouldn't even have a job right now if I didn't email the HR person.