Office Max laminating today

Discussion in 'Debate & Marathon Threads Archive' started by grade2rocks, Aug 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WindyCityGal606

WindyCityGal606 Enthusiast

Aug 20, 2007

That's incredible but ours is only through Sept. 13. I still have the other half of two Thursdays ago's laminating to cut out!! I need to get it over with. Maybe I'll pop in a DVD and get some cutting done this afternoon. Sigh!!!!:) Keep chanting...it was free...it was free..!!

2. adellesmama

adellesmama Companion

Aug 20, 2007

I totally agree with you, especially relating it to our profession. I'm going to email OfficeMax and see if I get any kind of response.

3. Jenlovestoteach

Jenlovestoteach Comrade

Aug 27, 2007

do we know when this promo runs until? I'm in NY

4. love2teach

love2teach Enthusiast

Aug 27, 2007

Boo....no office max near me!! :(

5. sevenplus

sevenplus Connoisseur

Aug 28, 2007

September 13th

6. Carey

Carey Rookie

Sep 5, 2007

laminating

I am just curious if any of the other Office Max stores put a limit on their free laminating. I went for the 1st time in August with quite bit, and the staff was pleasant and had it done in a few hours. When I went the second time (aug. 21st or so) they put a limit of 50 feet per teacher, and anything over that I would be charged $2.00 per foot. I only left what I really needed, and so I still got it for free. This time I dealt with the manager of the copy place, and he was not so nice, and I even heard him complaining to his staff. I was a little offended, but it was still free. I have a lot more that I want to take, but I need to be careful to not give too much, or I will be charged. I did not notice any limit given when I was on their website.

7. WindyCityGal606

Sep 5, 2007

There is no limit and if they charged you for extra, hate to say it but...they pocketed the money.
    Email Office Max region and say something.:huh:

8. WindyCityGal606

Sep 5, 2007

There is no limit and if they charged you for extra, hate to say it but...they probably pocketed the money. Shame on them!!!
    :huh:

9. Emma35

Emma35 Connoisseur

Sep 5, 2007

Ours started off being free and then as it got closer to our start date, Sept. 4, they put a limit of 50 feet per person. They told me that they would continue until the end of September. Is this the first year OM is doing this, I have never heard of it before this year.

10. monica

monica Comrade

Sep 5, 2007

1st batch $80- It took a week, but it was before school and fine.

2nd batch - Well... It's been 3 weeks now. They ran out of laminate, twice. I called 3 times after week 1, b/c school was starting. The first time they promised the stuff I couldn't live without would be done that night or first thing in the morning. I was late to pre planning waiting around on it, luckily I finally went in to check and they hadn't touched it. I ranted a wee bit. The assured me they would do it that night, they didn't. I called the third time and said that I'd just come get the stuff I needed and do it somewhere else. Then....They pulled my most important stuff and did it in those laminate pouches. It was $50 worth. I picked it up and left the rest.

I still don't have the other TON of it from that last time. They showed me how much they had to do and that no one was "assigned" to work on it all the time. The copy center there is super busy and they only work on laminating when they can. They are overwhelmed, in a BIG WAY. The assured me it would be ready on the third week, which is officially tomorrow. I'll call again.

"it's free, it's thick laminating".... reminding myself....

I know that people in charge of that idea had NO IDEA how much teacher's seek out FREE stuff or how much they laminate. NO IDEA!

11. little317

little317 Groupie

Sep 5, 2007

The OM I go to is now limiting teachers to 50 feet per visit until the deal is over. I have some more to take, but I am weery to do it there. It took almost a week for them to do a tiny batch. I can see why OM is limiting the amount. The copy center area always seems to be understaffed, so there is usually only one person who does it. Since they have to rush with getting it done, there is a lot of wasted laminate. I got my first batch back in August and was amazed at the amount of space between items. Let me just say, I didn't really have 175 feet of items, probably 1/2 that. I did have to remind myself that it's free and super thick.

12. SnowDaisy822

SnowDaisy822 Companion

Sep 6, 2007

Yeah, mine has a limit of 50 feet now too. Boo! Also, we were lied to about the year round thing. It ends the same time as everyone else, tomorrow. :(

13. monica

monica Comrade

Sep 6, 2007

Got my stuff back from 3 weeks ago. We have a sign at our OM that says the 50 feet limit PER teacher. I am still gathering one last round of games before the last Thursday next week. I'm getting my aid to take it for one last trip!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.