Offered a position but..

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Emmy&Me, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Emmy&Me

Emmy&Me Rookie

Aug 10, 2015

Last week I was offered a position I interviewed for.. Woohoo! I was told HR would be in contact to start the process once they recieved my nomination from the school. On Friday HR called to congratulate me and said the next step was adding my name to the board meeting this upcoming Wednesday, and did I have time to have a short meeting with the superintendent on Monday morning? She said to bring nothing (they have copies of everything) and expect it to be 15 minutes or so. Does your district do this? What should I expect? I know there are 2nd interviews with the superintendent but I was already offered the position so I'm not sure what this is... He is a new super, just started this month. I'm not a new teacher, just going to a new district. Thoughts?

3. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Aug 10, 2015

It's a formality. Might get a few 'interview-like' questions, but you should be all good. Usually the formal offer with salary info is from the supe. :thumb:

4. bandnerdtx

bandnerdtx Aficionado

Aug 10, 2015

This isn't at all unusual! He's just taking the time to get to know each new hire a little personally. He will probably ask very generic interview questions, like, "What make you choose X district?". He will probably reiterate the vision for the district or what he likes about your new school and prinicpal. He'll probably give you some advice. Stuff like that. :) You'll be fine!

5. SCTeacher23

SCTeacher23 Comrade

Aug 10, 2015

I've done this twice... once it was just an informal meeting with the super and she asked why I wanted to work there, explained the salary, and then I filled out paperwork.

The second time, although the P had recommended me to the S for employment, the S had to be the one to officially offer me the job, so it was just like a regular interview.. 10 questions or so, and then I was officially offered the job.

6. Emmy&Me

Emmy&Me Rookie

Aug 10, 2015

It went really well! It ended up being 30 minutes or more. We talked all about my experience and why I wanted to work there. He asked me things like What is happening in your old district that is exciting to you? And how I felt about student centered learning. It was incredibly positive, he was just so friendly and welcoming. He invited me to attend the board meeting this week where he will recommend me. Yay! 5th grade here I come!