I was interviewed last Thursday for an aide position at the middle school. The principal told me that I would hear something the next day. I didn't hear anything Friday, so I called the school and the secretary told me no one had been hired yet. When I got home that night and checked the job postings, I saw that a 5th grade position had been posted in another school, so this morning, I went to that school and took my resume to the principal. He told me that he would let the teachers know I was available to sub and maybe they could get me out there this week to see if I would like the school. He also told me that they would be doing interviews either late this week or early next. I had to take 2 of my kids to the doctor and when I got back, I saw that school's number on my caller i.d. When I called them, they asked me to sub on Wednesday. I was (and am) kind of excited about this because it makes me feel like I made a good impression this morning. This afternoon, the principal at the middle school called and offered me the aide position. I was honest and told him about applying for the teaching position. He was very nice and said he understood. He wants me to come and sub in the aide position tomorrow and talk about the situation. I wonder if I'll have to make a decision tomorrow. I'm not sure what to do. The teaching position at the other school is not a sure thing; the aide position is and I think it could lead to a teaching position when one comes open at the middle school. Have any of you ever been in this kind of situation? What should I do if I have to make a choice?