Offer leads to dilemma

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by TXowl, Jul 28, 2011.

1. TXowl

TXowl Companion

Jul 28, 2011

I am really beginning to question whether the job I was offered today is the best fit for me. I really think that the interview I had this morning was amazing and that I would be a great fit at the school, despite the demographics that would be a big change for me. The interview this afternoon was great, but I didn't connect with the teachers from the team as much (plus I didn't get to meet the other 6 teachers on the team). The afternoon interview school is more like what I am used to, but I just don't know if it is as good a fit as the morning interview school.

From the P's comments this morning I am almost positive she plans on offering it to me. I feel like I should email her to ask about her timeline and tell her about my offer. However, if I do that and then decide on taking the other position I will feel awful. This is just so hard!!!

I know that the school this afternoon really liked me from the P's decision to hire me so quickly, but I'm torn. Any suggestions???

3. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Jul 29, 2011

Sent you a PM. My suggestion is to the let P know that you are interested in a timeline. What exactly are the teaching positions at each school? Just remember... kids are kids are kids. They all need the same things. You are going to find that every teaching situation brings challenges and joy.

4. Rainbowbird

Rainbowbird Groupie

Jul 29, 2011

I know EXACTLY how you feel. I was pretty much in the same boat as you right now until a few min. ago.

I made the decision to go with my gut and accepted a an LTS offer at my old district. I feel good about my decision as the P was very happy and said he is sure he can find a permanent position for me eventually.

I think you have to do what is right for you. There are so many applicants that they will get somebody else who is qualified. So choose what you want and don't feel bad about letting a district down....I know that deciding is the hard part, though!

5. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Jul 29, 2011

Contact the P and ask about the timeline. You need to do whats best for you!

6. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Jul 29, 2011

Don't feel bad to contact the P for a timeline. Then really evaluate your pros and cons.

7. TXowl

TXowl Companion

Jul 29, 2011

On the advice of everyone here I emailed the P to ask about her timeline. She emailed me back to tell me that she had chosen another candidate, but was very glad that I had gotten another offer because she was impressed with me.

Huge relief!!! Now I don't have to worry about what ifs. I am a firm believer that I will end up where I am meant to be and it looks like my offer yesterday will be a fantastic opportunity. I think I was just nervous because it happened so fast! I should get the call on Monday from HR with the official offer. I put in my resignation officially today so that my P can start calling people for interviews. She is being absolutely amazing and supportive about me leaving! She is planning on interviewing next Friday and Saturday. If she can select a replacement over the weekend, then my release from my contract should happen at the board meeting on the 8th in time for me to sign and start teacher training on the 11th :)

8. bandnerdtx

bandnerdtx Aficionado

Jul 29, 2011

Good luck to you Rice! (Btw, I'm wearing a Rice Owl shirt right now. I didn't go there. Just like to support the local colleges. LOL!)

9. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Jul 29, 2011

Congrats! It is funny how things end up. You were meant to be in that first position. Aren't you glad that you emailed! Glad you did it. Third grade is the most fun. ENJOY!

10. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Jul 31, 2011

Yay! Glad you contacted the p and know for sure. Congrats on your new position!