Off to Walmart...

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Jem, Jul 22, 2010.

1. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Jul 22, 2010

It's about an hour north of me, so I'm gearing up for a road trip. On my list are pencil topper erasers, hopefully plastic folders with holes punched in them, more colored pencils/markers... anything else I should grab? I already have composition notebooks and glue sticks. I'm going to look at dvd players-mine is shot and it's my only company during the day in the summer while working on Sprout (no tv connection down in the garage). But that's off topic.

Any other school supplies? I have my phone so I can check this thread when I get there...

3. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Jul 22, 2010

I don't know how much extra crayons or even the writing paper is.

I know I need to go to Wal mart, luckily it's only about 10 mins away... Maybe next week!!!

Just stopped at Meijer... Jem you should know Meijer & grabbed to 4 composition books for $1!!! YAY!!!

4. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Jul 22, 2010

I heard about the $3.00 crates.

5. UVAgrl928

UVAgrl928 Habitué

Jul 22, 2010

I would say go to dollar tree for the pencil top erasers... they had packs of 40 for $1.

What about some containers... I know in your video you mentioned you needed some for math manipulatives, as well as some for science (I think that was what you needed them for).

6. deedee

deedee Connoisseur

Jul 22, 2010

I got these great desk organizers for my tables. They hold everything - markers, pencils, highlighters, erasers and colored pencils. each one was 3 bucks :) If they keep the supplies organized it will be well worth the cost.

7. Hoot Owl

Hoot Owl Aficionado

Jul 22, 2010

I bought writing journals there Tuesday for 25 cents, and three prong folders for 15 cents.

8. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Jul 22, 2010

Ok, back. The erasers are the same price at Walmart as Dollar Tree. Both $1 for 40. And I got the markers and colored pencils. And a dvd player and some rugs. I do love those school supplies! I think I'm done for a long time, though. Although I have a list of fun things to get at Micheals tomorrow... ;)

9. Danny'sNanny

Danny'sNanny Connoisseur

Jul 22, 2010

Crates are only $2 at Target this week. I'm glad I didn't get WalMart ones when I was there on Saturday.

I've gotten 14 so far... I think I have a problem :haha:

10. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Jul 22, 2010

Hahahah! 14 crates?? What are you going to use them for?

I shouldn't laugh. I got 14 packs of eraser tops. I have a little glass jar that looks like a penny candy jar. I use to keep jelly beans in it for birthdays. I'm going to stick the eraser tops in it and wanted to make sure I had enough to fill it... The lady checking me out thought I was crazy. That's over 400 eraser tops! HA!

11. Mommyserenity

Mommyserenity Devotee

Jul 22, 2010

The lady in Walmart looked at me like I was nutty yesterday when I bought about eight packets of the velcro circles! I bought all they had since I use them on all sorts of things. :lol:

12. UVAgrl928

UVAgrl928 Habitué

Jul 22, 2010

Ohhh, thanks for the heads up on the crates! I was going to get them from Target in a few weeks, but it seems like I should get them now (as long as Danny'sNanny hasn't bought all of Walmart's supply)! I want to try making some crate seats.

13. Danny'sNanny

Danny'sNanny Connoisseur

Jul 22, 2010

I don't have regular file cabinet drawers, so I got 4 to use for hanging files.

Then I decided I wanted 10 more - to label for each month so I stop buying things for upcoming units and then forgetting where I put them!

14. TeacherShelly

TeacherShelly Aficionado

Jul 22, 2010

I love velcro dots.

15. loves2teach

loves2teach Enthusiast

Jul 23, 2010

office depot has those crates for free after rebate this week (limit 3 per address- I would send 3 to my home to my hubby and 3 to school to me).