October art for 3rd and 4th graders

Discussion in 'Elementary Education Archives' started by lilbrandie, Oct 12, 2006.

1. lilbrandie

lilbrandie Rookie

Oct 12, 2006

I am not a creative person by nature. I have to beg, borrow, and steel, any art project I want to do. I am having trouble finding Fall/Halloween art projects for my 3rd and 4th graders. We made scarecrows, but I think they thought it was too young for them. So, I am now begging for ideas! Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!!

3. hescollin

hescollin Fanatic

4. heart4kids

heart4kids Rookie

Oct 12, 2006

I stole this from Mailbox.....My kids each chose a different emotion (happy, sad, etc.) and then made a jack-a-lantern that showed that emotion. We just used different colors of construction paper. Large orange piece for the pumpkin to be cut out of and then they added eyes, mouth, etc. They turned out to be adorable! Each is unique.

5. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Oct 12, 2006

Paint the pumpkin seeds (let them scoop it, then it won't seem so young) and let it dry. Then make mosaic pictures from it. You can even roast some and let them snack along too. You could also have them submit ideas for carving/decorating the pumpkin, then vote. The winner gets to carve the pumpkin. Use kid friendly carving tools.