Observations tomorrow and I've lost my voice...

Discussion in 'General Education' started by 1stGradeRocks, Oct 21, 2008.

1. 1stGradeRocks

1stGradeRocks Comrade

Oct 21, 2008

We have an accredidation visit at my school tomorrow, and I've lost my voice. I've tried everything I know to do, and it hasn't helped much. Why did this have to happen now?! :(

3. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Oct 21, 2008

Don't sweat it!!!!

The people doing the observations are teachers too. We've ALL been there!!!

This is your moment to shine!!! Stop and figure out how you'll teach your kids-- all those routines and procedures you taught them in September will be your lifesavers.

Then relax. The observer will smile when he sees what you're up against, and will understand if thing are a bit out of whack.

No one is looking for the perfect class of Stepford students. They're looking for procedures and interaction. This will give them the opportunity to see both.

Feel better!!

4. MrsWbee

MrsWbee Companion

Oct 22, 2008

Oh gosh, what a bummer! But I agree with what Alice said :yeahthat: (which doesn't always happen so easily. ;) )

5. xmasqueen

xmasqueen Rookie

Oct 22, 2008

Oh my, I know how you feel. That happened to me once and I had to write everything I wanted to say or whisper to a student and they would tell the rest of the class. They loved being teacher's helper.

6. trayums

trayums Enthusiast

Oct 22, 2008

Oh no! I agree though that they will be understanding. Just do the best you can do. I find that the kids always listen so much better when I have no voice. Go figure! :)

7. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Oct 23, 2008

How is it going? Can I assume that the committee will be there a few days?

8. MissFroggy

MissFroggy Aficionado

Oct 23, 2008

I lost my voice yesterday during parent conferences! I hope it comes back before our field trip on Friday!

9. SuzieQ

SuzieQ Companion

Oct 23, 2008

From experience, losing my voice or getting extremely ill , came during my most stressful times in my life. One being the accreditation visit at our school a few years back. I had to suck on lozenges to sooth my throat. They came in when I had one in my throat which made me more nervous hoping that they didn't think I was eating candy and teaching at the same time! But when it was all over it was nothing. Believe me a principal or fellow teacher or even yourself will probably be more critical than the accreditation team. They were so nice and down to earth! They are not critiquing you they just want to see what is going on.

10. Luv2Learn

Luv2Learn Companion

Oct 24, 2008

So how's it going KinderABC? Have you been able to regain your voice.