NYS MATH CST

Discussion in 'Other Tests' started by ohmeohmyohmath, May 19, 2021.

1. ohmeohmyohmath

ohmeohmyohmath New Member

May 19, 2021

So I am planning on taking my NYS Math CST in August. I took a practice test and completely bombed it. I am starting to get quite nervous about this. I feel like I won't be able to finish and never pass it. What have some of you all done to study for the Math CST? I printed out the learning standards and I have written notes for each standard.

3. CaliforniaRPCV

CaliforniaRPCV Comrade

May 21, 2021

From California here, so I took three Math CSETs, rather than the NYS CST. I think the same sort of study strategy will apply. Find sample questions and do them. The more the better. This could cost some money. I do see some books on Amazon. You might be able to browse a physical bookstore in your area - always a nice option.

I think it's a good idea to look at the learning standards. And some of the study guides with problems do that for you as well as giving study material and sample questions. But most important with these things are the questions. Always concentrate on being able to respond to the questions. On the test, it isn't going to matter of you can fit a question into a particular section of the standard, unless that's part of the pedagogy part of the test. And though I don't know, I'm betting it isn't.

Hopefully, the material is actually am stuff you've seen before and it will all be review.

4. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

May 26, 2021

Is your background not in math?