number line

Discussion in 'General Education' started by cubfan, Aug 5, 2007.

1. cubfan

cubfan Rookie

Aug 5, 2007

I am looking for a number line to "wrap" around my room that goes from 1 to at least 175. I want to use this to count days of school as well as just a number line. I plan to make a frame to put on the number of the school day and move it everyday. I have only found number lines to 100. Does anyone know where I could get one?

3. OtterMom

OtterMom Comrade

Aug 5, 2007

I printed my own. I made a table on Word with pretty big type, and on landscape page orientation (the squares were about 2 1/2 inches). You have to set the margins to zero,and you can get a grid 4 across and 3 deep. I printed them out on cardstock (there were about 16 or 18 pages), and then cut the strips out, laminated and spliced them.

Hope that helps! :)

4. TulipsGirl

TulipsGirl Cohort

Aug 5, 2007

I don't know where you can get one, but maybe you can get 2 number lines that run from 1-100. On the 2nd number line, maybe thre is room to add a 1 next to each number...?
    Now that I'm thinking about it it can get kinda complicated. For example, you'd have to put 101 and 102 etc... Oh well. If you find a number line that you want, or you find a way to make it work, we'd love to hear about it!

5. uclalum

uclalum Groupie

Aug 5, 2007

6. TulipsGirl

TulipsGirl Cohort

Aug 6, 2007

That looks like a good one - I didn't even know they existed! :up:

7. jlj

jlj Devotee

Aug 6, 2007

I don't know what grade you teach, but maybe a train around the room? It would be easy to make. You could write each number on a bear or whatever, maybe to go with your class theme, have them sitting on top of each box car and the number words written on the box cars. Could even write odd numbers one color, even another color.

8. Miss_J

Miss_J Habitué

Aug 6, 2007

That is how mine is. We use Everyday Math and that is part of the program. Everyone from K-6th HAS to have the entire things up!

9. cubfan

cubfan Rookie

Aug 6, 2007

perfect!

Thanks uclalum that one is perfect. Now if i could only get my husband to help hang it up!