Number ID!!

Discussion in 'Kindergarten' started by SBP0429, Dec 9, 2011.

1. SBP0429

SBP0429 Rookie

Dec 9, 2011

I have 2 students that are really struggling with number identification with numbers 0-10. I have been over songs, etc. to help them learn the numbers, and we have traced the numbers as we sang the songs with our finger, etc. We have been practicing writing the numbers. They are still struggling. Are there any more recommendations that you have to help teach them the numbers??? thanks!

3. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Dec 9, 2011

Playing cards and dominos will help visually learn numbers.

4. kpa1b2

kpa1b2 Aficionado

Dec 9, 2011

I suggest to parents to work on this at home. Have them label the child's favorite toys with numbers. Then the parent asks the child to bring them the toy with the number x on it. They can also practice ordering the numbers. It makes it important to them.

Try having them write the number in sand or shaving cream. I have a song we sing about number formation. We sing it 3 times per verse. That seems to help.

Also try having them make the number with wikki stixs.

5. Lanie

Lanie Cohort

Dec 14, 2011

Have you tried using HeidiSongs videos? They really help my kiddos. I like them too because they are so catchy, plus they are short and easy to learn.

www.HeidiSongs.com

6. mrsc_teaches

mrsc_teaches Companion

Dec 14, 2011

Every year my kids struggle with the teen numbers. So I take the numbers 10-15 or 16-20 and mix them up around the room. Then we play 4 corners which can sometimes be 6 (instead of covering my eyes I pick numbers randomly from a jar.)
    It has helped my kids and they are having fun and it is a GREAT rainy day activity!