Now What?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Buckeye, Jun 7, 2007.

1. Buckeye

Buckeye Rookie

Jun 7, 2007

The district that I live in just posted elementary jobs. I went to the district office to drop off my letter of interest and resume. i asked to speak to the Assistant Superintendent but he was not in so I had to leave my stuff with the secretary. With the loads of resumes districts around here receive I am scared my resume will be over looked. On the website it says review of resumes will begin next Tuesday. Should my next step be email, stop by again, or call? If I email what should I write? I really would like to teach in this district so any advice would be helpful.

Thanks

3. Lesley

Lesley Habitué

Jun 7, 2007

You could send an e-mail indicating that you had dropped off your information and wanted to make sure it had been received.

4. Buckeye

Buckeye Rookie

Jun 7, 2007

How does this sound? I would like to squeeze a comment in about living in the district any ideas how? If you can't tell I am very unsure of myself when it comes to wording stuff.

Dear Dr. M,
    I stopped by your office this morning to drop off my resume and introduce myself but you were not in. I wanted to to make sure you had received my information. I have attached another copy of my letter if interest and resume for you to review. I look forward to discussing my experiences and qualifications with you. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,
    M

5. Lesley

Lesley Habitué

Jun 7, 2007

I have put in color my suggestions for changes. You can mention that you live in the district and plug in any info you know about it.

6. Buckeye

Buckeye Rookie

Jun 7, 2007

Thanks Lesley! It sounds much better.

Any other suggestions?