novice Scholastic question

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by Jenlovestoteach, Jan 8, 2008.

1. Jenlovestoteach

Jenlovestoteach Comrade

Jan 8, 2008

I am the G&T teacher and never did Scholastic before. I decided I would send home the special editions that teachers don't usually send home so I wouldn't step on toes. I did my first book order with my kids this week. I sent home the "Click" and "Voices" catalogs. The regular classroom teachers send home "Arrow" so I didn't do that. One of our 5th grade teachers came to me saying that her student combined both of our orders and wrote 1 check to Scholastic for the whole amount of all 3 of the book orders. She only had 1 other student make a $15 order, so she said I should just submit an Arrow order this month and take her points rather than ask the mother of my child to write 2 new separate checks. I feel badly about this and want to make it right. Will Scholastic split the points if I call in and give the other teacher's customer #? Is their customer service good? What would you do? TIA! :)

3. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Jan 8, 2008

I've never had a problem with their CS when talking directly to them, but I have also never tried this. I'm not sure if they would be able to split the points or not. I'd call them first to make sure.

4. bonneb

bonneb Fanatic

Jan 9, 2008

How sweet of her! I would not worry about it. It doesn't sound like it would be very many points. Maybe you could offer her the free books that come with the order (if any) or purchase something for her from Scholastic. You could ask her if there is anything from the teacher store she would like you to order with the points. Sounds like she is just trying to be nice so maybe you should just accept it. next time, if this happens, let her take the points. Sounds like a nice person!

5. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Jan 9, 2008

You could ask Scholastic, but it really isn't a big deal, most likely. The teacher only had a modest order, anyway. It was nice of her, though.