November Lesoon Plan

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by MuckeyBusiness, Oct 21, 2010.

1. MuckeyBusiness

MuckeyBusiness Companion

Oct 21, 2010

What does your November Lesson plans look like?

3. new2twos

new2twos Rookie

Oct 21, 2010

Well our things to plan around for NOV are:
    Theme: Thanksgiving
    letters: F,G,H
    numbers:4 and 5
    color: Yellow and brown
    Bible: Thanksgiving and Prayer

I don't remember the shape and nursery rhyme for Nov.

I'm thinking along the lines of:
    Week1: Scarecrows
    Week 2: Turkeys
    Week 3: Thanksgiving Holiday

I will be incorporating the letters colors and numbers and such in circle and projects. I also will be doing something with the Bible lesson. I'm not sure what to do with 1 and 2 yr olds. I don't think they understand what being Thankful is so we may work on that. But not sure how to teach about prayer other than it's a way we can talk to God whenever and wherever we want.

4. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Oct 22, 2010

I'm going to do food/harvest for the first 2 weeks (that brings in scarecrows, which my kids always enjoy), then Turkeys and Thanksgiving the week before Thanksgiving. My kids have the whole week of Thanksgiving off... when we get back, most of December will be holiday-type things.

For "being thanksful," I usually tell my kids that something they're thankful for is something they're really really glad to have... that works with my 3's.

5. teacherR

teacherR Companion

Oct 25, 2010

I am going to do a Native American theme this year. I found some great hands on activities that tie in with a Native American story about squash, beans, and corn. We will talk about Thanksgiving and Turkeys as well.

6. Miller59

Miller59 Companion

Oct 26, 2010

I'm going to try to pull off something new to me. The kids have been playing rocket ship for weeks. So, while giving attention to Thanksgiving, families, and traditions, I'm also going to give time to roacket ships, out space, planets, etc. I have no idea how this is going to fly -- but it'll be fun.