NovaNet summer school jobs-what are they?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Zanadu, May 12, 2009.

1. Zanadu

Zanadu Companion

May 12, 2009

I haven't had much luck finding a job for next year. The districts I've talked to have all said they are doing internal transfers first before even considering new teachers. One district I am interested in has several openings for NovaNet summer school teachers. I looked it up and know that NovaNet is an online curriculum individualized toward the specific students needs but what does the teacher do? Would it be similar to tutoring with the teacher doing individualized lessons based on the online curriculum with the student or is it more like monitoring students in a computer lab while they work at their own pace? What kind of certification would you need-they don't mention any specific subject? I'd like to at least get my foot in the door with this district and am wondering if this might be a way to do it.

3. INteacher

INteacher Aficionado

May 12, 2009

It would be watching students on the computer - there is no teaching involved if it runs like our program. We have to have a certified teacher in the computer lab with the students but that is because of our contract. For us, the teacher just has to be certified - it doesn't matter in what content, or age group.

4. Zanadu

Zanadu Companion

May 13, 2009

Thanks. It sounds a lot like what I thought it would involve (or not involve as the case may be). Won't show my skills off but will provide a paycheck. Thanks again for the description.