Not sure what to think

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by demijasmom, May 31, 2010.

1. demijasmom

demijasmom Companion

May 31, 2010

So I have completed several online applications for teaching positions out of state. I just received an email, saying that I based on my intial online application I am invited to submit a teacher profile. The teacher profile requires me to submit my resume, conduct an assessment on a student work sample, craft a short essay and develop a classroom mangement blueprint.

3. amakaye

amakaye Enthusiast

May 31, 2010

What are you wondering about? Is there a specific part of it you're unsure of? I'm sure there are many people here who can help answer questions you have.

4. demijasmom

demijasmom Companion

Jun 1, 2010

What I am trying to say is, ok I do all these things then what will happen? I'm sort of stressing out, I have to write an 200 word essay on ambitious goal that I had with my class.

5. mrs100

mrs100 Comrade

Jun 3, 2010

The only way to know what will happen next is to do it! These few things to complete sound like a great way to show you know what you're doing. So go for it!

6. loves2teach

loves2teach Enthusiast

Jun 3, 2010

200 words is tiny compared to most essays- you can totally handle that! They are probably doing screenings with teachers and you made the cut. Now principals might use what you submit to determine if you would be a good fit before they interview you. Good Luck!

PS- If I could give you one piece of advice, it would be to proofread everything! I have talked with recruiters in my district and they said that they will pretty much eliminate someone who has made editing errors. Good Luck!

7. cheerfulfifi

cheerfulfifi Rookie

Jun 3, 2010

Save all that you do, too! That way you can tweak or edit for another school district if you need anything for anyone else! Saving a few documents on things like my teaching philosophy and classroom management helped me out with more than one district!

8. demijasmom

demijasmom Companion

Jun 3, 2010

Thanks everyone for your comments and suggestions. The only way to know what will happen is to submit the pieces of information. I am working on the ambitious goal right now.

9. Teacher Chele

Teacher Chele Habitué

Jun 3, 2010

Everyone's advice is worth using. It is a lot of work, but it is one step closer to seeing your dream come true. Keep your eyes on the prize. Put your heart and soul into these things!!!!! It will be worth it all!!!

10. mmswm

mmswm Moderator

Jun 3, 2010

Sounds like you passed phase one of the screening process and now you're on to phase two. What comes after that? Phase three. Of course, what that entails is up for interpretation, but I'd take a guess that's the time they start interviewing. Good luck!