Not sure about my state!

Discussion in 'General Education' started by SweetHomeAlabam, Nov 2, 2010.

1. SweetHomeAlabam

SweetHomeAlabam Companion

Nov 2, 2010

Wow, I finally got a job that I lOVE! but I heard today that there is going to be a MAJOR cut next year. I am talking tenured teachers losing jobs. This is my first year and I just got a feeling that I won't be there next year. My hubby has a possible job in Tennessee, 60 miles one way driving from our home, and I was wondering about Tennessee jobs and Mississippi jobs. Specifically Hardin Co and Tishomingo County areas. Is proration as bad in these states as in Alabama? Would love any feedback!:hugs:

3. webmistress

webmistress Devotee

Nov 2, 2010

Most of the tenured teachers, and then non-tenured teachers do seem to get hired back. I don't think it will be any worse than other years, can never say for sure though. But in Southern AL, most if not all of the teachers get hired back. And Baldwin has openings all the way until October! They may have some more popping up later this year. I think it will be okay.

4. SweetHomeAlabam

SweetHomeAlabam Companion

Nov 2, 2010

Thank you for the encouragement. I just got all in a tizzy today and felt like I got a reality check!:hugs:

5. alschoolteacher

alschoolteacher Companion

Nov 3, 2010

Most of the teachers in North Alabama were hired back this year after some major cuts.

6. PCdiva

PCdiva Connoisseur

Nov 3, 2010

My mom got her position cut to 1/2 time today! They collapsed some sections and she was low man on the totem pole...after 14 years! Its crazy bc they already cut 4 teachers in her subject before school started in September....I guess this economy really is scary, I didn't think this could happen at this point in the year!

Positive thinking to get through this!!!