Not my turn yet

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by mathteachertobe, Aug 5, 2011.

1. mathteachertobe

mathteachertobe Cohort

Aug 5, 2011

:(

I really thought today was the day. The interviewing P from Tuesday emailed me yesterday telling me I was a finalist and he would let me know one way or the other after meeting with 2 more candidates today. I haven't heard a peep, and the job posting has disappeared.

I had a really positive interview this morning. They had 2 more candidates to talk to, but asked which of my references were available today, as they were planning on moving quickly. I mentioned the three I thought would be easiest to get a hold of. By around 4pm I was climbing the walls, so called one of my references about another issue. He didn't say anything about being contacted, and I think he would have mentioned it. Some friends are taking me out to dinner, as my birthday was yesterday, but I'm not feeling much like celebrating.

Sorry to be a whiner and thanks for listening!

3. Milsey

Milsey Habitué

Aug 5, 2011

Um, had the same experience, but it was only a 3-week job so no fluff off my sweater.

4. teacher36

teacher36 Comrade

Aug 5, 2011

Congrats on being a finalist!

Go out and celebrate your birthday. Perhaps you will get the call tomorrow. Good luck

5. bandnerdtx

bandnerdtx Aficionado

Aug 5, 2011

Every interview is a step closer to the job you're meant to have. Have a GREAT birthday!

6. Mellz Bellz

Mellz Bellz Comrade

Aug 5, 2011

You never know! No news is good news!

7. nangel78

nangel78 Companion

Aug 5, 2011

I am climbing walls too! I am waiting to hear back on two positions! I am going out of town this weekend. Something has to work out, right?

8. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Aug 5, 2011

I'm sorry you didn't get the news you wanted today.

You said they still had 2 more interviewers to talk to. May be that they are just swamped and haven't had a chance to call all references yet.

Go out and celebrate your birthday. Be happy that you made it as a finalist (which means, they may keep you in mind, IF you don't get this job, for any future openings).

9. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Aug 5, 2011

It's Friday...there was no one in the main office In my school after
    12 noon today...put it out of your mind as best as you can for the weekend. Sending you good thoughts and hopes you'll hear early next week!

10. Rainbowbird

Rainbowbird Groupie

Aug 6, 2011

Hang in there, you may get that call yet. If you are a finalist, you are clearly going to land something soon-if not there, then somewhere else!

11. BioAngel

BioAngel Science Teacher - Grades 3-6

Aug 6, 2011

I've talked to my references after the interview to see if they would mention something to me. Sometimes they would and sometimes they wouldn't. Maybe they did contact your references but they just prefer to keep it to themselves.

Stay hopeful :)