No Support; Need Prayers

Discussion in 'Prayer Request Forum' started by Lara P, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Lara P

Lara P New Member

Nov 2, 2019

I am a 2nd year teacher, and I am having a terrible time with one of my classes. I have no support, and I am feeling beleaguered. A few of the students have been trying to get me fired by spreading lies about me. The other day one of the students said to me, "Is this your last day?" I feel like quitting, but I know that quitting mid-year could make it difficult for me to get a job elsewhere. Please pray for me as I do some soul searching. I do not want to ruin my career, but I also need to take care of my health and well being.

Tired Teacher likes this.
  3. Tired Teacher

Tired Teacher Cohort

Nov 3, 2019

I am really sorry you are dealing w/lies being spread. I think at 1 point or another we all have been through that experience. I think it can happen anywhere in life or at work, but it is very hurtful. I understand it is harder for you now because schools do not support teachers as well as they used to from my experience. I'd advise you not to quit this year. The same thing could happen anywhere and don't give those kids the power. It would teach them the wrong message. Prayers said for your health, well being, and clarity when making your decisions. <3

4. irishrose

irishrose Rookie

Nov 3, 2019

Praying for you Lara. I went through this my first year. The truth will most likely come out. Keep a solid face. You have done nothing wrong. As you drive home each evening, tell yourself all of the things you have done right. Especially enumerate on the things that are opposite of what kids are lying about. It helps your outlook and helps you realize, hey, I AM doing a good job here no matter what anyone says. This, plus lots of prayers, is what got me through.
    One more thing: I would document everything they say, along with everything you have to say that counters it. I know this is time consuming but you may need the paper trail later if the lies get worse. Also, send these documented items to your principal even if you think they won't care. Building a record of what is going on is super important. Much love & blessings!

5. Obadiah

Obadiah Groupie

Nov 3, 2019

I'm praying for you!