No response after demo lesson?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Jojobuchi, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Jojobuchi

Jojobuchi New Member

Jun 9, 2017

Hi Everyone!

I had a demo lesson last Friday 6/2, two supervisors came. I sent thank you email on the same day. Its been a week till today 6/9, No response! No email! No call! They told me after the demo lesson that they will let me know next week which is this week. I also noticed that they removed the post on 6/6 Tuesday. I feel like they found someone, should I write them a follow-up email next Monday? The waiting game is terrible☹️

Thank you!!!

3. ktmiller222

ktmiller222 Cohort

Jun 9, 2017

I was on the same boat last year. My final round interview (3rd interview) was Friday I was on vacation the following week. I didn't get any calls/emails. I ended up emailing HR department when vacationing and asked if they filled the position I interviewed for. They emailed me back the same day and let me know they went with someone else and wished me good luck. I def. was bummed on my vacation and drank a few extra margaritas to help with my misery. I suggest emailing/calling...it will take 2 minutes. It's better then hearing nothing. I hope you get a better result then I did.

4. mathteachertobe

mathteachertobe Cohort

Jun 9, 2017

It sounds like you probably did not get the job. I'm sorry, and I hope I'm wrong. Sometimes the second-choice candidate is the last to hear, because the hiring committee wants to keep them in the wings until the first-choice person has officially accepted the offer.

Whether you contact them again is a personal choice, but when I was job hunting I tried to focus on what I could control and let go of what I couldn't. Whenever I felt anxious waiting for results, I would try to find another job to apply for. Good luck.

5. Leaborb192

Leaborb192 Enthusiast

Jun 9, 2017

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
  6. Jojobuchi

Jojobuchi New Member

Jun 9, 2017

Thanks for the reply!!! I think I will write a follow-up email next Monday. But I thought it's a "common courtesy" since I got to the demo lesson round?!

7. msz101

msz101 Rookie

Jun 11, 2017

I feel your pain. I was in the same position you are in last year. I had a great interview and was told to come in for a demo lesson. I thought the demo went well. After the demo lesson was over, the principal just shook my hand and told me "thank you for coming in. We are interviewing the next couple of days. You'll hear from us by the following week." Well, three weeks went by no letter or phone call. I finally just called and asked the secretary if they filled the positions. She said yes. It amazes me how they can't give common courtesy and just say thanks for applying, but you weren't chosen. I would give them a call so you're not stuck in limbo. Good luck! I hope you get the job.

Jojobuchi likes this.
  8. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Jun 11, 2017

I have had Ps who don't bother to respond to emails from current teachers about urgent matters, so don't be shocked that some don't let you know anything.

9. whizkid

whizkid Cohort

Jun 11, 2017

"We're all professionals and must conduct ourselves in such a manner at all times".

Lol

Leaborb192 likes this.
  10. Jojobuchi

Jojobuchi New Member

Jun 11, 2017

Lol

11. Leaborb192

Leaborb192 Enthusiast

Jun 12, 2017

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019