No really, I NEED new shoes

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Emerson Squirl, Aug 27, 2010.

1. Emerson Squirl

Emerson Squirl Rookie

Aug 27, 2010

Seriously. I have a pair of Danskos but I can't wear them every day. Most of my body hurts by the end of the day, and this being only the beginning of the year isn't helping. Where do you get good teacher shoes?

3. teaching4God

teaching4God Cohort

Aug 27, 2010

I don't know, but when you find out, let me know. :)

4. Special-t

Special-t Enthusiast

Aug 27, 2010

I've switched to nikes and skechers

5. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Aug 27, 2010

I wear Keens all day and they are so comfortable I don't bother taking them off the minute I get home. They are very pricey though, but well worth it if you hurt that bad.

6. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Aug 28, 2010

No matter what I wear, my feet will hurt at the start of the school year. It's simple logic; I'm going from sitting by the pool in flip flops to standing a good part of the day in heels.

My "comfort" shoes are Sears I Love Comfort. They're pretty basic, with cushions and rubber soles.

My "I know these are better for my feet" shoes are Easy Spirit shoes. They're made well and last well. I bought 4 pair at an outlet over the summer for $72.

I also know that I can't wear ballet flats. I need at least a little heel or my legs will kill me.

7. gigi

gigi Groupie

Aug 28, 2010

I like Keens also. I currently am looking at a pair for $85. Yup, they are pricey, but when you factor in that I have bad feet and at the end of the day I want to cry because of the pain, they are worth it. I bought two pairs of Keen sandals for the summer and not once did my feet hurt. Worth a look.

8. Starista

Starista Cohort

Aug 28, 2010

Good luck with your shoes... I know how important sturdy and supportive shoes are -- especially for we folk who stand up 99% of the day! :)

A lot of my friends boast about the "dressier" line that Crocs offer. I haven't checked those out yet, but they assure me that they don't look like the "traditional" Crocs...!

9. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

Aug 28, 2010

I've been looking at Danskos and Ariat clogs. Only trouble is, no one near me carries them and I don't want to spend that much on something I haven't ever tried on... even though I *could* return them if they don't work out.

A lot of ladies at work are wearing the ballet-style Crocs. Everyone raves about their comfort.

10. KinderCowgirl

KinderCowgirl Phenom

Aug 28, 2010

That's what I was going to say too. It's an adjustment to having to stand most of the day. I do wear pretty much flats-I got some cute ones at Kohl's pretty cheap last weekend.

11. ku_alum

ku_alum Aficionado

12. bonneb

bonneb Fanatic

Aug 28, 2010

Keen's are great. I have to wear good supportive shoes or I can't function. Also I am tall, and my kids are small, so I sit on a chair for a lot of my teaching. Can you do some of your teaching from a sitting position?

Put your feet up during break, and when you get home put your feet up for a bit. I sure sympathize! When I started teaching I was not wearing good shoes and developed plantar fascitis, which is very painful. The pricey shoes are so worth it for a teacher's work day!.

13. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Aug 28, 2010

I don't think I've ever heard of this brand. I'll have to check them out for sure!

14. sweetlatina23

sweetlatina23 Cohort

Aug 29, 2010

i use crocs and yes they help! I have the styled ones they dont look like crocs. However i want something more dressy this year so im still looking. The crocs are comfy but change them out every 3 months my doctor told me they wear down, he recommended them since i had bone spurs.

15. tracykaliski

tracykaliski Connoisseur

Aug 29, 2010

I wear keens too. I love them and have about 5 pairs of them. I also wear pretty much anything that my orthodics will fit into.

Good shoes are SO worth it if you're on your feet all day.

16. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Aug 29, 2010

I love my sketchers. They are very comfy and they do have dressier styles. I get a lot of compliments on this one pair I have (they have a really interesting design) and I've been wearing them for at least 4 summers.