No need to interview - question

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Oregon Teacher, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Oregon Teacher

Oregon Teacher Rookie

Aug 5, 2014

I'm wondering what your thoughts are on my situation. I interviewed for a teaching position with a school district a couple of weeks ago, but did not get the job. Yesterday I got a phone call asking if I'd be interested in a similar position, and I said that I was very interested. They told me that there was no need for me to come in for another interview, but that they would be doing two other interviews this week and they would consider me along with those two candidates for the position.

I've never had this happen before, is this normal? Does this mean that I have a chance at this new position? I'd love to hear what your thoughts are on this. Thank you!

3. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Aug 5, 2014

You definitely have a chance! You impressed them enough in the first interview to be given this 2nd chance. I'm guessing that they are required to interview for every position and just called in a couple of people to meet those requirements.

Good luck!!

4. teachart

teachart Comrade

Aug 5, 2014

Sounds good to me!

5. MissPapa

MissPapa Comrade

Aug 5, 2014

They probably have all the information needed from your first interview and will be using it in application for this interview. Why do you need to come for a second time? If they remember you enough, then it's all good. Especially if it was during the same time frame.

I got interviewed at this school three times during different times. That's fine since there's a chance that you had your resume updated.

Good luck!!!!

6. mathteachertobe

mathteachertobe Cohort

Aug 5, 2014

I got my current job this way. I spoke with the P on Monday, where he confirmed my interest and said he didn't need to reinterview me. I had the impression he was going to speak with a couple of other candidates. On Thursday I got a call from HR offering me the position.

7. vickilyn

vickilyn Magnifico

Aug 5, 2014

Honestly, this would be the best word of mouth you may ever get. I know that a district I interviewed with liked me for the job I had applied for, but really wanted to know if they could share my information with a different department, which they thought might be hiring very soon. I took it as a positive, because they were very up front about why I had won an interview. I love honesty.

8. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Aug 5, 2014

They must have really liked you! Good luck!

9. hep223

hep223 Companion

Aug 6, 2014

I agree that this is good! I just got a job that at a school that I interviewed with 2 different times for different positions. At first, I was told I did not get either and then they called me last week to offer me a LTS for a year.

Sending positive thoughts your way! :)

10. Oregon Teacher

Oregon Teacher Rookie

Aug 6, 2014

Thank you for all of the encouragement! I was called this morning by the building principal asking for an additional reference. She also asked me to come in tomorrow morning so that we could meet. I'm so excited, this sounds very promising.

11. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Aug 6, 2014

Hope you get the exciting news tomorrow!

12. ECE ABC

ECE ABC Comrade

Aug 6, 2014

WOW! That sounds so promising!!!!!

13. MissPapa

MissPapa Comrade

Aug 7, 2014

Fingers crossed!!!!!

14. vickilyn

vickilyn Magnifico

Aug 8, 2014

Please keep us apprised of your outcome. Success would be awesome, and if this does not turn out to be your job, it has definitely been a positive experience over all.

15. Oregon Teacher

Oregon Teacher Rookie

Aug 12, 2014

I haven't heard back from the school, so I don't think that I was selected for this position. However, I had another interview yesterday and two more scheduled for later this week, so I am still hoping that I might have a job before school starts.