No Interviews just Rejections

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by teresaglass, Jul 15, 2009.

1. teresaglass

teresaglass Groupie

Jul 15, 2009

I have applied everywhere. I only get rejections. I have not gotten any interviews. I feel like such a failure. I apply for science and special ed. positions. What is wrong with me?

3. Missy99

Missy99 Connoisseur

Jul 15, 2009

You are NOT a failure -- you are the perfect teacher for a particular classroom which you have not been selected for yet.

Tell me how you are applying for positions. Let's see if there are some steps you are missing or could implement more.

4. tb71

tb71 Cohort

Jul 15, 2009

I don't have any great advice--but you are not alone. I think there are a ton of us out there right now in the same boat. Hang in there!

5. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jul 15, 2009

:hugs: If I had not extended my search out to include an hour drive, then I'd still be looking for a job (and getting desperate!!) Your classroom is out there somewhere.

6. roseteacher12

roseteacher12 Habitué

Jul 15, 2009

i hear ya. i havent heard a single thing back except from a district I already worked for. other than that-nada. it sucks but it seems that its just extremely tough this year

7. mrsmyheight

mrsmyheight Rookie

Jul 15, 2009

I feel like I'm in the same boat. I keep checking postings and applying. I feel like I'm getting no where. At least you are getting rejections (no offense) I'm not getting anything. I see the postings have been removed. I don't even know if they got my application since most of them are all online. I get the confirmation e-mail but that's it. I have made contact with some principals. I have been e-mailing a few of them at least once a month since June. I'm trying to relocate to TX so I think part of it is that I'm out of state. I even took a trip to the area I want to move to and emailed all the principals and told them I would visiting and wold love to come by and learn more about there school. I got no responses back. So while I was there I went around and dropped off a few resumes by hand. I feel like a big failure.

Sorry so long... I needed to get that off my chest.

8. ecl

ecl Rookie

Jul 15, 2009

Don't lose hope. I applied for a position months ago and actually received a letter from that district thanking me for my application, but that unfortunately I was not selected to be interviewed because there were so many candidates for the position. The same district just called me two days in a row for an interview. I just landed a job at another district, so I declined, but when it rains it pours.

9. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jul 15, 2009

mrsmyheight~what area of TX are you looking at?

10. mrsmyheight

mrsmyheight Rookie

Jul 15, 2009

Im looking at the coast bend area - corpus christi, port aransas, flour bluff

11. WindyCityGal606

WindyCityGal606 Enthusiast

Jul 15, 2009

Things have a way of turning around when you never give up!

12. mrsmyheight

mrsmyheight Rookie

Jul 15, 2009

I haven't given up in three years. I'm not about to now.

Should I go for my masters in special ed. even if I haven't had a full-time teaching position? I'm hoping it would help.

13. teacherfan

teacherfan Cohort

Jul 15, 2009

I added a single subject in science to my credential and still haven't gotten a job. Sad to say, you are not alone in this department :(

14. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Jul 15, 2009

Wow. This is a wonderful way at looking at the job seeking situation. I wish I had said that and it is oh, so true. You will find the right job in the right school. Some of the people getting positions now have been looking for years. It is finally their turn and maybe, the next call will be that interview you have been waiting for. We wish you all the best!:hugs:

15. dola0072

dola0072 Rookie

Jul 16, 2009

I am in the same boat. I live in Knoxville TN and have been applying everywhere. I have not heard anything back except a rejection from one of the schools. You are not alone. Hang in there and hopefully something will come.

16. Mommyserenity

Mommyserenity Devotee

Jul 16, 2009

I've gotten nothing but "thanks, but no thanks". It makes me sad since I have been in the classroom before, but they don't seem to even give me a chance to show them how qualified I am.