No Daily Report, Evaluation Forms At Catholic Schools

Discussion in 'Substitute Teachers' started by Suburban Gal, Mar 22, 2007.

1. Suburban Gal

Suburban Gal (formerly Elizabeth) Banned

Mar 22, 2007

One of the drawbacks to subbing for the Catholic schools is the fact that they don't require me to fill out a daily report or evaluation form of any kind. I just go, do my subbing, and leave at the end of the day.

Recently, I purchased the yellow Essential Folder for Substitute Teachers and it has a daily report form in it. I thought I'd take that page and make several copies of it so this way when I went to sub at the Catholic schools I'd just whip out a copy, fill it in, and leave it even though it's not required of me to do so.

What do ya'll think? Is that a good idea? Would the regular classroom teachers appreciate it?

3. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Mar 22, 2007

Can you tell I'm board Elizabeth. I seem to be chasing you around the boards. :)
    When I subbed the sub. forms were not around. I always wrote a note for the teacher. They must have liked it because they always requested me back to their classrooms. Now as a teacher it drives me nuts when the sub doesn't leave a note of what they did, and how the day went. So I think the form would be appreciated.

4. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Mar 22, 2007

I think it would be great to leave a note for the teacher. It is always hard to come back and try to figure out what the students did or did not do. It also saves a lot of tattling from the other students!

5. hernandoreading

hernandoreading Comrade

Mar 22, 2007

I always leave a form for my sub to fill out letting me know about their day. It's good to come back & see all the info in one place.

6. Mable

Mable Enthusiast

Mar 22, 2007

I love it! I used to leave them as a sub and haven't had a sub yet leave one. Usually they write along my lesson plans I've left- which is better than nothing.

My school has subs sign-in, sign-out. That's it. No report/evaluations for us either..hmm.

7. misswhammy

misswhammy Rookie

Mar 22, 2007

For the teacher's note, I use the Summary of the Day report from The Substitute Teacher's Organizer by Jan Herbst. In fact I carry with me all of the forms that are found in her book.

Always leave a note and if you are satisfied with that pre-printed form, use it!

8. teresaglass

teresaglass Groupie

Mar 22, 2007

I think the form will make you look more professional. Use it. The Catholic High School I sub at always has us fill out a sub report. Terry G.

9. Suburban Gal

Suburban Gal (formerly Elizabeth) Banned

Mar 23, 2007

So not all Catholic schools don't have sub reports then?

I always leave a note no matter how long or short, good or bad the note is. However, I'm just so used to filling out daily reports or sub evaluation forms in the publis schools I'm in that it stunned me the Catholic school doesn't us fill anything out for the regular teachers. I would think that the Catholic school administrators at St. Bede would want to make sure we really did what we were supposed to do, that we can openly voice concerns, and that we can comment as to whether or not we'd even want to go back to that classroom. It's kind of hard to guage what really went on in the classroom and what the sub thinks/feels when they don't fill out a formal report or evaluation form for the teacher or school administrators. Don't you think?

10. Mrs. Q

Mrs. Q Cohort

Mar 24, 2007

Our district provided a few feedback forms during sub training, but then left the rest up to us. I did a search on the internet and found a few that I liked and made copies. Now I have several options to choose from depending on the job assignment. If it was a particularly unique day, I might leave a note so that I can elaborate on things. I *always* leave some sort of note, though. I think it's a great idea!

11. teresaglass

teresaglass Groupie

Mar 27, 2007

A lot of charter schools do not have feedback forms either. I just leave them one anyway. I think it makes you look more professional.
    I am sure some Catholic schools have them and others don't. If you are concerned Elizabeth you might leave one for the person who is in charge of subs at your Catholic school. The one I sub at uses them for gaging how the regular teacher manages the classroom. I appreciate that. You might want to contact your archdiocese to see if they do have feedback forms. Anyway I think it is professional to report back. It makes you diligent and resourceful. Terry G.