No AC :(

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out Archives' started by JustMe, Aug 8, 2007.

1. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Aug 8, 2007

Another post reminded me...

I drive 30 minutes or so to and from work each day. The temperature today was 102, the heat index was much higher. Wouldn't you know the first week of real heat my car's AC is out completely...no fan, no breeze of air, nothing. To top it off, my windows will not roll down! I am about to pass out each afternoon. I can't wait until this weekend when we'll have time to fix it. I hate heat. :(

3. willsgirl

willsgirl Comrade

Aug 8, 2007

That's really pretty dangerous since you can't roll down the windows. Do you have access to other transportation or can borrow a car? I'm concerned for you...you should not drive without ac or a breeze in that type of heat.

4. OtterMom

OtterMom Comrade

Aug 8, 2007

Maybe one of those battery operated fans? Please drink LOTS of water.

Only 2 days to go....I'll be praying for you!

:angel:

5. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Aug 8, 2007

Well, I can roll down the passenger window, but somehow that makes it worse. I don't understand the "logistics" of that, but it's true. I know it sounds terrible, but my husband doesn't have time to fix it himself, and I don't have time to take it somewhere. My husband wants me to drive his SUV to work, since his drive is much shorter, but I hate driving that big thing on the super curvy roads much more than I hate the heat...and that's saying something! Yes, two days to go. Thanks you all...I'll be careful! :)

6. curlyone

curlyone Rookie

Aug 9, 2007

Something must be in the air, (err gas maybe)! I am having the same problem with my car. A/C quit and dang power windows are broken (front only).

Maybe I am a prima dona, but I REFUSE to drive that car with its problems and current weather conditions. Really is WAY to dangerous. I got really sick last week from running an errand in that car.

PLEASE be careful and reconsider using your hubby's SUV, after all it's only a couple of day you would need to drive his "road warrior"

7. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Aug 9, 2007

My parents just bought a new Camry. On their first day of vacation, the air conditioner quit. Mom called the service department and told them she was hot as hell and just as mad.....They figured out the problem. My mom doesn't get mad often, but when she does, you know why she has red hair!