NJ ASK test scores

Discussion in 'General Education' started by 3Sons, Sep 21, 2013.

1. 3Sons

3Sons Enthusiast

Sep 21, 2013

Does anyone know anything about the average scores for the NJ ASK for 2013? My kids recently got their scores, and I think the test may have changed in approach or something this year ( the way it seems to almost every year)

3. MissNikki

MissNikki Comrade

Sep 22, 2013

What do you think has changed?

4. 3Sons

3Sons Enthusiast

Sep 22, 2013

I'm not really sure, but I seem to remember there being some kind of kerfluffle last year about it changing approach. Also, while looking into the DOE website I noticed that the scores for the previous year for LA seemed to be pretty tightly concentrated ( scale score for the 25th percentile was 203 and 75th was 219 -- that suggests a lot of unpredictability in individual performance to me, since a couple of lucky or unlucky guesses could move one pretty significantly towards one of the tails.

5. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Sep 22, 2013

The test is now piloting some 'PAARC-like' questions. Given that some districts haven't totally adjusted to, embraced, understood, designed units for CCSS, it was expected that many districts would go down in scores...basically, however, the high kids still ended up with the higher scores and the strugglers got the lower score. Same differential, just overall lower in most districts' cases. My district (you know where I am, 3 Sons) did well.