Nine Hours...

Discussion in 'Job Hunting & Interviews' started by otiscampbell7, Jul 16, 2006.

?

How long did you wait after the interview to get the good news?

1. Within 1 day

10 vote(s)
    37.0%
  2. 2-7 days

11 vote(s)
    40.7%
  3. 8-14 days

4 vote(s)
    14.8%
  4. 15-30 days

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  5. 30+ days

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  1. otiscampbell7

otiscampbell7 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006

Nine more hours until my interview!

I want to thank everyone who responded to my thread Catholic Schools, Oy Vey!

The principal was very kind and reassuring, and I have an interview early in the morning!! It's halfway across the state, and I'll have to be up in less than six hours, but I'm so excited that I can't sleep. All of my dreams could come true tomorrow! Eeeeep!

Anyway, has anyone ever been offered a job right after an interview? For those of you who have been successful, how long did you usually have to wait for the good news? (I'm dreading the long drive home/sweating it out for another few days.)

3. Exclaimation Po

Exclaimation Po Habitué

Jul 16, 2006

I was offered a job during an interview. I didn't take it and now I feel stupid.

4. Missy

Missy Aficionado

Jul 17, 2006

otis,
    At my very first interview I was offered the job, but I told them I wasn't ready to make a decision right away. Good move - within a few days I had an interview in one of my top 3 districts and got that job offer the day after the interview.
    Good luck!!

5. worrywart

worrywart Companion

Jul 17, 2006

I had an interview and they called me the next day with an offer :). Good luck!!

6. cactusfive

cactusfive Rookie

Jul 17, 2006

Last year I received my good news about 4 hours after my interview. The principal had two interviews to go, but for some reason made it pretty clear she was going to offer me the job during the interview. But, I teach at a Catholic school so I only had the interview with the principal.

7. otiscampbell7

otiscampbell7 Rookie

Jul 17, 2006

Hooooray! The interview is over. I interviewed with a principal, a 4th grade teacher, and a 5th grade teacher. They were all so wonderful to me!

I found out that they still have 15 candidates to interview (yikes!) but they will make a decision by the 28th.

The ladies were all so sweet and understanding when I got nervous. Since I was the first to interview, I have another 11 days to sit on pins and needles. I'll absolutely die of happiness if they choose me!

8. trulyblssd

trulyblssd Companion

Jul 17, 2006

Whoa!:wow: Dont' worry, I didn't think I had a ice cubes chance in you know where to get the job I interviewed for and I got it. I couldn't beleive it. Don't stress about it and keep applying other places. Also, don't end up like me not able to eat for days. Not good!

9. kidatheart

kidatheart Habitué

Jul 17, 2006

Otis - best of luck. I'm glad the interview went well.

10. etcetera83

etcetera83 Cohort

Jul 17, 2006

I was worried during my interview because the principal wrote down every single word I said. But at the end of the interview, she offered my a fourth grade position and I've been there ever since. Good luck!

11. JustWondering

JustWondering Companion

Jul 17, 2006

I had two interviews on Friday and was offered a position for both positions today, Monday. Whooo Hooo! :D

12. WITeach

WITeach Cohort

Jul 17, 2006

Good luck, Otis! I had to wait a few weeks to find out about my first job. It was worth the wait. :)

13. shasha379

shasha379 Devotee

Jul 17, 2006

By the grace of God I had the job before the interview. The interview was just a technicality. I worked at the school prior to applying.

14. kidatheart

kidatheart Habitué

Jul 18, 2006

LUCKY YOU!! Congratulations!:D

15. JustWondering

JustWondering Companion

Jul 18, 2006

Thank you!

16. misteacher

misteacher Companion

Jul 19, 2006

Don't give up!

Before landing my previous teaching position, I had gotten the standard rejection letter after the initial interview. Then when I was back home for my sister's wedding, I got a phone call from the superintendent asking if I would be willing to take a third grade position that started the following Wednesday. The initial interview had been at the end of the school year (June) and he called in August. So keep the faith and don't give up!

17. kathy2215

kathy2215 Companion

Jul 19, 2006

I am interviewing onmon, Tues NAs Wed of the next week. I wish you luck in the wait.

18. hescollin

hescollin Fanatic

Jul 19, 2006

I interviewed two and half weeks before school started. There were over fifty candidates. When I was told this I gave up. They told me they would call the next week and tell me. If the supt. calls you have the job and if the secretary calls you didn't get the job. This I knew was common practice. Two days later the phone rang, it was the secretary and she said, "Mr______wanted me to call and tell you we would like you start working and etc. I was in shock and all I could say was "Thank You" .