Nightmare Professor

Discussion in 'Student & Preservice Teachers' started by boogaboo214, Nov 10, 2008.

1. boogaboo214

boogaboo214 Companion

Nov 10, 2008

Ok i have to vent. i am taking my modern english and grammar class now and the teacher is a nignt mare. he teaches us nothing in class and actually punishes us because the university has us set up on a 1day a week for 3 hours class instead of meeting more for less time. he teaches another class on campus that meets 3 times a week for 50 mins and we are 45 min away form campus (distance learning) instead of modifying our syllabus where he can teach the material. So she dosen
    t really reach us anything and gives us pages and pages of homework. our text book uses a bunch of terminology that no other professor on the campus that we are on have ever heard of. I think he has invented his own idea of what he should teach instead of teaching us what we can actually use.
    Oh and another stupid point is that 1/3 of our class each week is used on student presentations that count for 3% of our grade. really we are seniors in college and if we don't know how to match verb tenses by now and how to use commas then we have bigger problems, especially since we are not tested or graded on any of the information except for the percent it counts individually. That hour each week should be used to teach us something that will be on the test.

3. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Nov 10, 2008

I'm sorry you're having such a sad ending to your student career. Just keep looking forward to January while studying your current professor's pedagogy as an example of how you don't want to run your own classroom.

It seems everyone gets ONE unengaged teacher in their lives. It makes the class terrible but it makes appreciation for the good teachers out there a palpable feeling.