NHS Spirit Rally Ideas

Discussion in 'General Education' started by dgpiaffeteach, Aug 28, 2013.

1. dgpiaffeteach

dgpiaffeteach Aficionado

Aug 28, 2013

I'm the NHS advisor this year! Our first meeting isn't even technically scheduled until 9/11. However, I just found out our first spirit rally is 9/6. I'd like some back up ideas in case we're not able to have a full meeting before then. Basically all groups, sports, etc... Come out one at a time and do some sort of cheer, skit, etc... Last year I know they did quotes that reflected character, scholarship, etc...

I'm totally stuck without any ideas though!

3. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Aug 28, 2013

I'm NHS advisor too, for the third year.

We don't do anything in the way of a Spirit Rally though.

One of our big things is service-- how about a slide show of your kids performing community service. You could make the student body aware of the many opportunities for service, both large and small.

Perhaps use the opportunity to kick off a used coat drive before winter arrives??

4. HistTchr

HistTchr Habitué

Aug 28, 2013

We usually have pep rallies at the beginning of each sports season. The "pep club" advisors have changed the format over the past few years to include some interactive types of activities. There are some student-faculty games, and other contests that students do. Sport captains are announced, and then the teams come out behind them. The band plays some songs and the cheerleaders do some of their routines. I think that about covers what normally happens at my school!