Next Harry Potter

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out Archives' started by Missy, Dec 21, 2006.

1. Zanadu

Zanadu Companion

Feb 1, 2007

He's doing the London play Equus. I vaguely remember when this movie came out. It's supposed to be very disturbing. Radcliffe has some full nudity in the play as well as some adult situations. He is getting older and there is only one more book to go. I suppose he'd like to be seen as an adult actor versus being typecast as a "Harry Potter" type character forever.

2. Alaskanteach

Alaskanteach Cohort

Feb 2, 2007

3. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Feb 4, 2007

I reserved my copy yesterday.

4. robin0103

robin0103 Rookie

Feb 6, 2007

Do you think she will kill Harry in the final book?

5. Bored of Ed

Bored of Ed Enthusiast

Feb 6, 2007

I hear the best pre-order price is at Walmart.com

I've always thought it would be wisest to finish him off, maybe give him a fatal injury as he kills Voldemort or something. However, I'm starting to think perhaps she will let him live so as not to disappoint billions of hopeful kids.

She has said that #7 will tie up all loose ends and tell us what happens to our favorite characters in the future, because there will not be any more sequels. I can't imagine any tidy way to do that without killing Harry; otherwise there would always be more to tell.

6. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Feb 7, 2007

I doubt she'll kill Harry off. It would invite too much hate mail. I think he and Ginny will wind up together in the end, Ron and Hermione will be honest with each other for once, and no idea about the rest. I am really curious about what will happen with/to the Dursleys.

7. Miss W

Miss W Phenom

Feb 7, 2007

From what I've read she says that she won't kill Harry off, even though that would make it impossible for anyone to write another book. She has said a main character will die in book seven.

8. gigi

gigi Groupie

Feb 7, 2007

I also read in the local paper that two main characters will be killed in the book....who???

9. Miss W

Miss W Phenom

Feb 7, 2007

Now the main characters can also include the villians. We'll have to wait to find out.

10. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Feb 7, 2007

My guess is Voldemort and Neville. She said she killed of one that was origanally slated to live. Neville is a good kid and hero worhips Harry. I can see him sacrificing himself.

11. ABall

ABall Fanatic

Feb 18, 2007

I receivd an E-mail from Borders books to pre order, you get 40% off! and you can get an exclusive sticker that says "snapes is friend' or "Snapes is foe" but here is a link of the conversation going on about it, kind of interesting if you are into H. P. some of these people really have things memorized.

http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.jsp?articleId=281474976904691

I have not read book 6 (my kids just watch the released movies and we havn't seen this movie) But do guys think that Dumbledorf is really dead or not?? Is Snapes good or bad?

12. Bored of Ed

Bored of Ed Enthusiast

Feb 18, 2007

Aball, JKR has said that Dumbledore is REALLY dead and not coming back. However, I am sure he will somehow play a role in the last book -- perhaps through his portrait in the headmaster's office?

Runs, I agree with you about Voldemort-- has to die. Neville is definitely a possibility, too, but there are so many possibilities... I'd say he's a safe bet though. He's not too attached to anyone, anyway-- no girlfriends, his parents are out of it, he's got only his grandmother and the DA to live for. And he was born at the end of July (see prophecy); though Harry was chosen by Voldemort, Neville could also have a very big role in Voldemort's defeat.

We'll just have to wait and see, I suppose... at least it's not too much longer now!