newsletters

Discussion in 'Special Education Archives' started by nance, Dec 1, 2002.

1. nance

nance Rookie

Dec 1, 2002

Can anyone out there share what they do for newsletters each month. I am struggling to get one done each month. Any ideas are appreciated.

3. teacherkasey

teacherkasey Cohort

Dec 1, 2002

I usually do a double column newsletter because I think it looks like less information and parents are more apt to read it. On one side I write a brief message from me about general things that have been going on in our class. Then in the other column I break it down by weeks and discuss the themes we are working on that week and a few of the activities we will be doing. Then on the second page I list birthdays, a calendar of important events, and the names of my stars of teh week.

I went to a great workshop once about parent communication and got a lot of great ideas. Use the double columns because it's easier to read; include clipart to break up the print; include things like a word search or word scramble with the names of the kids or things relating to your classroom; include something about each of the children; put children's poetry or short stories in the newsletter; have a "Dear Abby" column substituted with your name, you write the questions and the answers... this is a great way to address problems you may be having with some of your students to parents; have a gossip column; attach a picture that you have taken of the child to the top of the newsletter; mail the newsletter home; put the letter in an envelope and let the children decorate the envelope...:D

4. nance

nance Rookie

Dec 1, 2002

Teacherkasey:

Thanks for sharing your ideas! I will use some of them. Hope to talk to you again!

Nance

5. nance

nance Rookie

Dec 1, 2002

Teacherkasey,

I think I posted that reply wrong. Silly me. I'll learn. Anyway thanks again.

6. mommaruthie

mommaruthie Aficionado

Dec 2, 2002

news

i include: dates of importance for the week to come, wish list, lessons we have learned and then the week at a glance-the lessons we are to be learning. Happy birthday to... schoolnotes.com offers to teachers a free web newsletter where your parents can get all the newsletter info via latest technology. you can post your homework and also spelling words, and latest web sites you want them to visit!

7. martymullaly

martymullaly Guest

Dec 3, 2002

I teach older students with learning disabilities and I created a web site through www.geocities.com. It's very easy to create and edit and my students' parents can check the site to read good things about their children. My students love to see their name on the Internet!

8. suriley

suriley Rookie

Dec 5, 2002

A great site for daily, weekly, and monthly newsletters is: www.preschoolprintables.com Try this site - they have printable blank cute, newsletters with headlines and without headlines - this is a great resource web site. Another great special ed web site is www.tinsips.com and also www.bry-back manor Great Sites with all kinds of goodies!! Good Luck

9. nance

nance Rookie

Dec 6, 2002

Thanks for the help!

mommaruthie, martymullaly, and suriley,

Thanks so much for your newsletter tips. I will use them all! Much appreciated. Have happy holidays!
    Nance