News (e-mail) worth considering

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by McKennaL, Jul 7, 2009.

1. McKennaL

McKennaL Groupie

Jul 7, 2009

I got an e-mail from the district where I student taught in and am on the preferred candidate list in... and the secretary mentioned that all the principals' in the district have the month of July off. Though a FEW might interview in July...MOST will start again on August 3rd (when they return).

Am I still interested? (you need to ASK????)

and would I consider a classroom assistant position if offered?
    (I wrote back that if offered and all full-time classroom teaching positions were filled...that I would accept an assistant position. But - saying this to YOU on AtoZ- I don't want to jump at THAT too fast.)

But I thought it might be interesting to some job seekers to not fret about July if you don't hear from principals. They MIGHT have the month off.

3. tb71

tb71 Cohort

Jul 7, 2009

Thanks McKenna--I have noticed some of the postings slowing down. That would explain it.
    Just having this looming over until August is horrible, I just hate not knowing!

4. Junebug

Junebug Comrade

Jul 7, 2009

Yeah, but school starts here around Aug. 3rd. I feel the clock ticking and I am getting so nervous!

5. mom2alex

mom2alex Companion

Jul 7, 2009

Me too! The schools around her start that week too. Today I spent what felt like forever getting reference forms printed, filled out and mailed. At least there are a couple of positions to apply for, but the downside is that all of the ones I applied to before except for four have already closed. Only time will tell. :)

6. McKennaL

McKennaL Groupie

Jul 7, 2009

Oh...schools here start on August 25th...or so

7. kpa1b2

kpa1b2 Aficionado

Jul 7, 2009

School here doesn't start until after Labor Day. I don't expect a whole lot to happen in the month of July. I'm still worried about it though!

8. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Jul 7, 2009

It's the same here in Idaho-administrators have July off.

9. jw13

jw13 Groupie

Jul 9, 2009

Last year, this was the time of year that the postings dropped off and there was no action. So, I am anticipating more of the same. I have my fingers crossed that budgets and/or enrollment pick up after that because there has been less than 12 postings in my home county alone since February. *this is a county that has 9000+ teachers. ughhhh...sorry little Debbie Downer came out :). Thanks for the ray of hope though always something us jobseekers could use. :)

10. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Jul 9, 2009

Most administrators around here have 12 month positions although I think some probably have not been around these last few weeks. They might take short vacations and then get back to the interviews and hiring.