Newlywed...yay!

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by MissWull, May 28, 2008.

1. MissWull

MissWull Cohort

May 28, 2008

I'm just so excited I wanted to share! :D My husband (sounds crazy!! but I love it!) and I just got back from Kauai...where we got married and spent 2 weeks for our honeymoon! It was absolutely marvelous, such gorgeous scenery everywhere we went.
    I definitely didn't want to come back to reality...but hey...it's life!
    We will be going back for an anniversary somewhere along the line...hopefully before we get into the double digits!
    Everyone keeps asking me "does it feel different to be married"...but really, I don't feel any different...but it's still special! I guess since we've been together for 5 years and living together half of that...it just seems normal to us!
    Ok enough of my happy rambling! :love:

3. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

May 28, 2008

Awesome! :)

4. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

May 28, 2008

Oh, congrats!!! I know that you will always remember this time. I didn't feel any different when I got married. We'd been together 3 years, lived together 2. That's been almost 6 years ago.

Congrats again!

5. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

May 28, 2008

Congratulations! That's awesome that you got to have a two-week honeymoon (and that you had such a great time)!

6. Teachling

Teachling Groupie

May 28, 2008

I know what you mean, wish my dh could see this. :mellow: Oh well, he's so good in every other way. Would be nice to do something like that.

7. TampaTeacher

TampaTeacher Comrade

May 28, 2008

Wonderful!

I've been married a year, and we'd lived together for about two years before getting married. I didn't immediately feel differently about us once we got married, but I really do, now. Maybe these are just feelings that come from being together longer and knowing each other even better, but I feel more connected now than I did before we got married. We always acted like a team, but that bond has grown stronger. I guess you could say that I feel more like we are family now.

Congratulations! That's awesome news.

8. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

May 28, 2008

Mazel tov!

9. Teachling

Teachling Groupie

May 28, 2008

Sorry MissWull, forgot to congratulate you. Best wishes!!

10. dizzykates

dizzykates Habitué

May 28, 2008

Congratulations, that sounds absolutely wonderful! Hawaii...that sounds so beautiful. I've been married five months and loving it, we didn't live together in before that, but things still don't feel real different. We just get the knowledge that we are going to see each other at the end of every day no matter what has happened. It's great.

11. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

May 28, 2008

Congratulations! I think it made the biggest difference when we bought a house together. Then it became real that there was no turning back :lol I've been married for almost 7 years now :) and we bought the house less than 2 months after we married so there were a lot of emotions all at once.

12. INteacher

INteacher Aficionado

May 28, 2008

Congrats MissWull :) and blessings for many happy years with your new husband. And wow - Hawaii sounds wonderful.

My husband and I will be married 23 years next month :) It really seems hard to believe we have been married that long!!

Are you changing your username??!! :)

13. MissWull

MissWull Cohort

May 28, 2008

Haha, funny you mention the username, INteacher, I was thinking just before I posted this..."should I switch to MrsWull" haha. But I dunno...then everyone might not recognize me...although there aren't many "Wulls" on this message board, haha! :)
    Thanks for the good wishes, everyone!

I kind of feel like maybe it hasn't fully sunk in yet...is why I don't feel different. Or who knows, maybe I won't! But I think you guys are right...those of you who said after a while it felt different...or even after you bought your first house. We are staying put for a year and paying off all our debt. Then we'll be able to find a house...so next year by this time we'll be house hunting...can't wait for that! It seems like every year now we'll be accomplishing some big life goals...it's gonna be a crazy ride!! Can't wait! :)

14. Jem

Jem Aficionado

May 28, 2008

Hooray for you! Enjoy the bliss. This summer will be our two year (already??), and the last two years have been spent anticipating moves-one out to CA and then one out of the city. We're finally in a place where I think we'll stay for a couple of years, and it almost feels like NOW our life can get started! Unpacking and settling in, I feel like a newlywed again! Isn't it great?

15. daysy_may

daysy_may Groupie

May 28, 2008

Congrats! I have 17 days until my wedding!

16. Amers

Amers Cohort

May 28, 2008

Congratualtions!!! I can't wait to start typing the word "husband" instead of fiance, so I definitely know what you mean about loving to hear/see it! :)

17. Missy

Missy Aficionado

May 29, 2008

Congratulations!!

18. New3rdTeacher

New3rdTeacher Comrade

May 30, 2008

My husband and I have been married for 10 months and have known each other for 18. We met each other, started dating, he got cancer, we beat cancer and got married all in 8 months. It's been a huge roller coaster.
    My husband actually proposed to me in the hospital, hooked up to machines, on his knees at 1 in the morning. It was crazy. Oh and we had already planned the entire wedding and everything was less than a month away. We didn't want to miss out on the excitement of the engagement. We were crying so much from excitment, his heartbeat went up and the machines went crazy in the room. The nurse came in and we were crying, poor lady didn't know what to do.
    We ordered our rings online at the hospital. He ended up in the hospital for two weeks, so we had a lot to do for the wedding and not a lot of options.
    I figured, if I can live with this guy in a hospital room for two weeks, I can totally live with him for the rest of my lfie. I saw him going through the worst possible things and I just got stronger. I learned how to give an IV, how to give him shots and so much more.
    10 months later it's just as amazing as the first day that we met. I get every single little goosbump that I did the first day he walked in the room.
    He's my hero and I love him to pieces. :)
    That's my story, sorry it's long

19. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

May 30, 2008

Congratulations! I'm sure you had a glorious 2 wks! Now you're off to start your lives together this summer.

20. emmakate218

emmakate218 Connoisseur

May 30, 2008

Congrats!

21. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

May 30, 2008

Congrats! I'm so happy for you! :)

22. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

May 31, 2008

Happy rambling welcomed here! Glad you had a good time..

now...should we call you Ms. Wull?? :p

23. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

May 31, 2008

no apology needed new3...that was some story!

24. MissWull

MissWull Cohort

May 31, 2008

Very crazy story 3rdyear...but I'm so glad it has a happy ending! :)

25. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

May 31, 2008

Two week honeymoon! How nice!

My hubby proposed to me on our 3rd date (we never went out) 1.5 weeks after we met. We were married 7 mo later and that was 13 years ago. I did feel different being married but I hadn't been with him long, saved myself until our wedding night (actually the night after) and hadn't been living with him.

I love the hospital story.

26. MissWull

MissWull Cohort

Jun 2, 2008

cutNglue WoW! Engaged after just a week and a half! I'm glad it's worked out for you though! Were you scared because it was so quick? Or did it just feel so right? :)

27. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Jun 2, 2008

I laughed at him for 3 hours and when he convinced me he was serious I told him to ask me again in a month. I had already said yes before the month was up.

My wedding invitation had a bride and groom lovey dovey cats on the front and it read, "If you had told me a few months ago we would be getting married..."

Then you open it up and it has 2 cats and the bride cat was laughing hard. Then it announced the wedding dates, etc.

To answer your question, I felt at home with him the first time I was with him but it was too new to say I envisioned a lifetime together the first night or even a week later. Marriage wasn't on my mind until he brought it up. He didn't feel strange or akward, just new.

28. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Jun 2, 2008

P.S. My mom put a bumper sticker on his car about 5 years ago that we love. It reads:

Marriage is finding that one special person that you can annoy the rest of your life. (HAHAHAHA)

29. ABall

ABall Fanatic

Jun 4, 2008

[​IMG]

30. Mrs. Q

Mrs. Q Cohort

Jun 4, 2008

Congratulations!! My husband and I are celebrating our 3-year anniversary this month and it seems like we JUST got married! Enjoy this wonderful time! :)

31. rabyoga

rabyoga Rookie

Jun 17, 2008

We've been married 20 years (this August).. And I still get weak in the knees from my hubby. I never understood people that wonder if things are different when you get married.My hubby and I think things are just right-being married to your best friend.
    I wish you a long and happy marriage :love: