Newbies

Discussion in 'General Education' started by YoungTeacherGuy, Apr 24, 2018.

1. YoungTeacherGuy

YoungTeacherGuy Phenom

Apr 24, 2018

It was refreshing to sit on an interview panel for new hires. We are filling 4 vacancies. The vibe was positive, the applicants were energetic, and the ideas were fresh and innovative. We gave the list of candidates we want to hire to HR, so I'm anxious to see if they accept our offer.

futureteacher13, MrsC and CherryOak like this.
  3. mathmagic

mathmagic Enthusiast

Apr 24, 2018

I think that this can be forgotten on both sides of the aisle: older/veteran teachers tend to forget the value that new teachers bring with new ideas, their passion, not-yet-jaded-view, and simply a fresh perspective, while the newer teachers tend to forget how much they have to offer, even if they have very little experience. (And vice versa, of course, about the value of the veteran teachers, but I think this stands out more as forgotten by both sides)

Hoping that it works out: always great to have a mix of veterans and newer teachers that provide those different perspectives!

4. Leaborb192

Leaborb192 Enthusiast

Apr 24, 2018

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
    otterpop likes this.
  5. Been There

Been There Habitué

Apr 25, 2018

Every profession benefits from hiring energetic people with fresh innovative ideas. Both veterans and newbies that demonstrated such enthusiasm always caught my attention in interviews.

6. pommom

pommom Comrade

Apr 25, 2018

How did you guys narrow it down to the one? What was the "special" thing that made the candidate the selected one?

7. YoungTeacherGuy

YoungTeacherGuy Phenom

Apr 25, 2018

We're hiring 4 people, actually. Their passion for teaching and working with kids came through in each of their answers.

mathmagic likes this.