New York teachers!!! - Classes for 30 and above

Discussion in 'New Teachers' started by MissPapa, Mar 18, 2015.

1. MissPapa

MissPapa Comrade

Mar 18, 2015

Hello!

Long time no see. Been super super busy with my first year on the job. I can't even explain what I went through this year! But I'm on a good track so no worries :)

ANYWAY, I'm planning on taking some courses for my 30 and above. I got 3 credits from my early childhood class last year. What are good places to take classes? Sofar I'm looking into these two sources:

Option #1: http://www.nysut.org/resources/special-resources-sites/education-learning-trust - Found this through the UFT site. They have a variety of online classes at only $650 per class. 10 weeks. I am going on vacation for a week in July but...it's online, I'm pretty sure I can wing it. I've taken online classes in the past. I like how I can take classes at the comfort of my own home but I remember them to be very...intense. Also some classes start in June when school is still in session (although I don't think it'll be that intense of a month...I teach Kindergarten.)

Option #2: https://www.citeonline.com - My friend referred me to CITE. You take a course for only a week. However, I feel that class choices and information of sites and how their classes are runned are very limited. I wish there were more choices being that I need to eventually hit 30 credits to get my differential. $650 per class.

Feel free to give me any feedback or any other options. I'd like to register soon for the summer! Thank you!!!! Those who are having parent teacher conference tomorrow, best of luck!

3. LITeachTeach

LITeachTeach Rookie

4. MissPapa

MissPapa Comrade

May 11, 2015

Oh wow. Didn't see that! I already registered for 2 classes. Maybe I'll take some clep exams later on. Although I do like taking classes to better my career. We shall see! Are clep exams cheaper or just about the same as a class? (my classes from NYSUT are $650).