New Year's Wishes

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by jen12, Dec 31, 2011.

1. jen12

jen12 Devotee

Dec 31, 2011

Slightly bummed this new years because I found out that an ex proposed to his new girlfriend over Christmas. His thing was always that he didn't want kids. Now he's marrying someone who has two of them. Go figure.

Yes, my intellect says there's a reason he's an "ex" and he has some really bad qualities, but emotionally it's still kind of hurtful. Particularly because I'm spending this new year's alone with zero dating prospects.

I'm seriously hoping that 2012 not only brings me a full-time teaching job, but also some romance. I really need it.

What are you hoping for in the new year?

3. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Dec 31, 2011

Continued health, happiness and fulfillment for all in my family.

4. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Dec 31, 2011

I'm hoping for continued good health & happiness for my loved ones as well as myself. In 2012, I should have my own place to live & (hopefully) continue to do well at my new job & in grad school. I don't graduate until 2014, so I've got a way to go there. Those are the biggies this coming year. Also, it would be nice to travel again. I haven't been on a good trip since a few summers ago.

I wish you the best jen12!

5. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Jan 1, 2012

Health and happiness for my friends and family.

6. knitter63

knitter63 Groupie

Jan 1, 2012

My wishes are: continued good health for my family and myself, for my parents to move back to the area, for my sister to find happiness, and to enjoy life!

7. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Jan 1, 2012

Jen - I understand. Even though I am in an awesome relationship right now, I still like to see what my ex is up to. I have to admit it stung a little when I saw he was married with a new baby.

I am hoping for engagement and marriage by the end of the year. There was a lot of talk about it at Christmas but BF said he thought it was lame to propose at Christmas. lol. Any my sister will be leaving for 2 years for the peace corps so I would rather do it before then if possible.

Also wishing for a new job or career path, and better health.

8. Marci07

Marci07 Devotee

Jan 1, 2012

Jen, I've been there before. I know what you mean, in my mind I know all the signs are there of why the ex is an ex but my emotions took a little longer to catch up.

I wish for this New Year to be a better mother, wife, and teacher and also to continue to learn to not let little issues of life take away the joy and blessings of my life.