New Year's Resolutions

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by smalltowngal, Dec 31, 2011.

1. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jan 15, 2012

Yeah, let's keep 'em guessing....

2. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Jan 15, 2012

Ha, Alice!

The first trimester was really rough, but I have my energy back and the morning sickness is gone. I only have a tiny bump (mostly fat gain right now) and we have some projects to focus on. We're not starting on the nursery or registry until next month as we're still very cautious about everything going right. The Duggers' situation really struck me. We find out the sex in two weeks, and then we can decide on a name. I'm sure it will become more of a daily thought when I am physically reminded by the moving/bump during the day! Right now I am easily distracted by all the other projects going on.

3. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jan 15, 2012

Stay healthy, Jem. The Duggars should not be considered typical...:whistle: you are young, healthy and in good shape. Take care of yourself and that precious bundle.:love:

4. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Jan 15, 2012

Thanks, czacza!! I'm trying not to worry. A friend is only a week and a half behind me, and she said she was on the internet reading forums because she thought her bump was too BIG. I had to laugh-we all have something we worry about! You've got me thinking about the nursery now... separate thread, though. ;)

5. katenar

katenar Cohort

Jan 18, 2012

Ohhhh - I actually have a few. No more of the traditional work out more for me. I never kept it! Ugh.

But this year, I'm doing good so far!

1. Blog more - http://artofpossibilityforteachers.blogspot.com My goal is to build my following to at least 100 ppl.
    2. Start to earn money on TpT. Everything I have is free right now (I know - not really going to help earn $) but soon I will start to posts some other things.
    3. Use my Mobi in my classroom at least three times a week. I just got one and I keep wanting to use it but I don't. It's a great tool! I just need to learn it.
    4. My husband and I both agreed to cook at least one new recipe a week. Getting tired of the same boring stuff. :)

6. MissScrimmage

MissScrimmage Aficionado

Jan 18, 2012

I always make resolutions.

This year they are:

1. Create a budget and stick to it. (I've created one, and so far this month I am on track!)

2. Visit my grandpa every Friday - he lives in a nursing home very close to where I teach, so I am going to make an effort to see him regularly.