New Years Resolutions! (I have to start it haha)

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by StudentTeach, Dec 24, 2009.

1. StudentTeach

StudentTeach Comrade

Dec 24, 2009

New Years is approaching, so the big question is:
    What are your resolutions??

Every year I make a list of fabulous things to accomplish during the year--many of which I have or are in progress of!--but this year I'm doing something different. I'm making an appreciation jar and writing one thing every day that I am thankful for and appreciate. 2010 will be, if nothing else, a year of being grateful.

So what will YOU be thinking about for the coming year?

3. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Dec 24, 2009

I'll say what I said in the thread someone started in the Chit Chat section. (These aren't all resolutions, but things I'll definitely start or do next year.)

2010 may be the year for a couple of big changes for me, so I'm hoping & praying for those to happen! One of them is (hopefully) starting grad school for the 2nd time.

Also,

- I need to pamper myself more (be better about skin, body, hands, feet, hair treatments, etc.)

- continue my diet & fitness

- start using anti-wrinkle creams (before they start!)

- I'd really like to get my BF tickets for a Michael W. Smith show (he's a contemporary Christian singer)

4. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Dec 24, 2009

I am going to....

Be more positive.

Stay away from the drama at school and to speak up when I see wrong.

Get back on my diet of eating right.

Start a fitness program.

Be less of a homebody and to get out and meet more people.

5. Special-t

Special-t Enthusiast

Dec 24, 2009

Lose that last 10 pounds.

After the New Year we should start a thread for the 10 pounds or less weight losers.

6. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

Dec 24, 2009

Mine is short and sweet: Get my life back on track. It seems to have jumped ship in the last few weeks.

And yeah, if anyone needs an internet exercise buddy - I am here! I am ready! I am waiting!

7. futureteach21

futureteach21 Habitué

Dec 24, 2009

Special-T- you start that thread! I'll join.

I want to lose another 18 pounds. That would make my total weight loss from September 45 pounds!

I'm starting back at school after withdrawing this semester for surgery. And I'm starting at a new school, soo I want to get started on the right foot. Get good grades, meet as many new people as I can, try to be the best friend I can be, etc.

The past few months have really strengthened my faith as well, so I would like to get involved more with a church and meet people my age who are also as faithful as me! I want to keep my faith strong with people who believe in what I do.

8. StudentTeach

StudentTeach Comrade

Dec 24, 2009

I joined the Unitarian Church online last week and plan to start going when I get back to school. I'm interested to see where that takes me.

9. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Dec 24, 2009

I am going to keep my checkbook balanced and force myself to slow down. I enrolled in a masters + ELL endorsement, and the stress of it all (school, classes, everything) nearly put me over the edge so...I am going to start seeing a doctor about my ADHD (it's hard to admit I need this after 20 years of not needing this) and drop the masters portion of the program if they will let me.

10. MollyT

MollyT Companion

Dec 25, 2009

Are we twins? You wrote my list! (Except for the second point maybe - I need to keep my mouth closed more.)

11. knitter63

knitter63 Groupie

Dec 25, 2009

I am going to...
    start and STICK to a fitness program
    rejoin WW and stick to it this time
    be more positive-and force those negative thoughts from my mind
    try new activities-step out of my comfort zone a little bit

12. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Dec 25, 2009

:yeahthat:

I am actually going to start this weekend since I am picking up some exercise DVDs (someone on another forum recommended Walk Away The Pounds) from the library tomorrow. I figured I can get a week's head start on my resolution :)

13. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Dec 25, 2009

:D I guess we could keep each other on track Molly. For the last month I have been removing myself from the drama at school which is hard when you work in a small school. There are 9 teachers in total in my school -- 3 of them are in their 2nd year, 3 teachers are in their 1st year, 1 is in her 3rd year and 2 of us have over 10 years. Unfortunately most of them think that we can work in a bubble and that their kids don't need to follow common school rules. We have 16 support staff and about 14 of them are 24 years old and under and have no school experience or training working with our students, so needless to say there is a lot of drama -- most of it due to cattiness:dizzy:. I need to start speaking up when things are done inappropriately or when inappropriate conversations are occurring -- if not directly to them, then do the principal.

14. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Dec 25, 2009

Mine is very simple.... spend more time with my family. I get wrapped up in learning and practicing the art of teaching that I need to slow it down a little and spend some of that time with my family. We've had family crisis overload in the past few week and it really hit home. My family needs me now more than ever.

15. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Dec 25, 2009

Dibs on Chebrutta.

I'm looking for balance this year. I'm really enjoying taking care of our new place, decorating, baking, cleaning-it's actually FUN now that we have space and room to just be. And I wouldn't mind finishing the year with a kid. So I need to learn how to balance our incredible 'busy-ness' with enjoying the wonderful blessings we've been given.

I'm also looking forward to growing Sprout. That's part of the balance. I've pretty much had to put it on hold these past few months simply because there is too much stress in my life, and I do NOT like that. It's time to get back to my dream and grow this business!!!

16. MissFroggy

MissFroggy Aficionado

Dec 25, 2009

I need to relax, let go and let things happen as they are going to happen. I try to control too many factors in my life and it always backfires.

I need to be happy with what I have.

I want to enjoy simple things.

I need to continue to grow. Continue to learn and apply the lessons in my day-to-day life.

I want to love my body (whatever it looks like) and still treat it well, caring for it as I am supposed to (food, exercise, etc.)

17. Mrs.DLC

Mrs.DLC Comrade

Dec 25, 2009

To get back on track with healthier eating and exercise. I have been on a feeding frenzy since Thanksgiving!! Though, I have LOTS of candy and sweets to eat before Jan. 1!! Shouldn't be a problem...:) Teacher NY, Leslie Sansone WATP products are good. Easy to follow and work many areas! I really like them, hope you enjoy!

18. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Dec 25, 2009

I'm going to add joining the San Francisco costumers guild sometime this year. I've wanted to do that for the last three years, but never had the courage or time. We saw Sherlock Holmes tonight (two HUGE thumbs up!!), and I fell in love with costumes again. The last time that happened was after I bought Moulin Rouge, and I made a skirt/corset costume straight out of one of the scenes. It will happen after I work more on balance, as I need to find the time.

19. 1stesl

1stesl Rookie

Dec 25, 2009

Like someone else mentioned....start and stick to a work-out routine. I have a great selection of DVD's I can use and just need to make myself do it!
    Go to church more.
    Hopefully let go of a relationship that's not working so that maybe the "right one" has a chance when he goes along.
    Be thankful for things I have rather than griping about what I don't have.
    Enjoy being a new homeowner (6 months now) even when things go wrong with the house!

20. kimrandy1

kimrandy1 Enthusiast

Dec 25, 2009

Adding gratitude to my life is a good one for me this year.

Find a volunteer organization I believe in and commit to a regular time donation.

Being a better wife - listening more, trying to be interested in his interests, showing him appreciation, etc.

Kim

21. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Dec 25, 2009

-To continue with my weight loss (I'd been doing really good with until this week) and just commit to a healthier lifestyle

-To stop getting involved in gossip and judging people when I don't know the whole story

-To find an activity that I enjoy and become a little more social