New Years Eve plans

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by czacza, Dec 28, 2011.

1. teacher333

teacher333 Devotee

Dec 30, 2011

Quiet dinner at a restaurant, but early, around 7, then just champagne and movies for 12...I am sure I will be asleep by 12:30, as we have a big family late Christmas party on New Years Day. I find the older I get, the more quiet I like to spend the New Year.

2. karebear76

karebear76 Habitué

Dec 30, 2011

I've been scrubbing my house all week in preparation for NYE as well as my middle child's 4th birthday, which I'll also be hosting at home.

Tomorrow, I'll finish up the bathrooms and kitchen early in the morning, then spend the rest of the day fixing the food.

On my menu:
    Brown Sugar Smokies
    Cheesy Spinach & Bacon Dip
    Veggie & Cracker Tray with Cottage Cheese Dip
    Pizza Rollers
    Ham N Cheese Pockets
    Chips N Dip
    Orange Party Punch

and, whatever else the guests bring. Sure to be lots of food for everyone.

3. Brendan

Brendan Fanatic

Dec 30, 2011

My 5 kids and their significant others, my grandson, wife, and I are going down the cape for the night. We'll do dinner and a movie and then then spend the time together before the ball drops.

4. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

Dec 31, 2011

We may have an impromptu board game gathering. Some of the folks we had over tonight mentioned wanting to play again this weekend.

5. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Dec 31, 2011

Sounds wonderful, Brendan!

6. donziejo

donziejo Devotee

Dec 31, 2011

My New Year's is going to be different this year. My dd has to work. She works at a restaurant the whole community we live in goes to often. I am going to surprise her and her co-workers and bring in some tasty treats. I have a few friends going with me too! We will be celebrating at the local diner! My first New Years in MS. and it’s supposed to be in the 70s today.

7. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Dec 31, 2011

Started off this morning with a romantic breakfast with dh: panettone French toast, Vermont maple syrup, and fresh squeezed Florida orange juice in mimosas with frozen raspberries.:love: Happy New Years Eve, all!

8. fast chalk

fast chalk Comrade

Dec 31, 2011

czacza,
    How romantic, nice and tasty breakfast!!!!!
    It sounds awesome!!!!!!
    Happy 2012!!! :)

9. 1st-yr-teacher

1st-yr-teacher Comrade

Dec 31, 2011

Well, my plans have changed. My sister in law is sick with bronchitis so they are no longer going out of town. I hate it for her too. She was going to spend time with her best friend who she only gets to see a couple times a year.

I also hate it for me. I had bought some party hats and some of those nye noise makers and had made some fun plans for us to ring in the new years together(of course, it would have been at like 8:00...lol). Oh well. Now, I have to find something to do tonight.

10. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Dec 31, 2011

Our friends, who live across the street, have invited us over. The invitation was extended with the understanding that we may or may not last till midnight.

Peter's sister, who doesn't know them and is still sick as a dog, is staying over. I'm not sure whether she'll want to go or not.

Brian may be invited to sleep over his friend's house. Given that he lost his whole vacation, I'm happy to say yes. Plus he IS 13; we've got to give him a bit more freedom. New Years has never been a "real holiday" in our house, so I'm fine with letting him spend it at John's.

11. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Dec 31, 2011

Ok...decided on our restaurant. We're going Japanese Tepanyaki on the top of a mountain...beautiful views. Dh, younger son and I are going. Then dh wants to go have a toast with the veterans at the American Legion. Than home for darts, wii and the ball drop.:p

12. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Dec 31, 2011

Well, my BF & I were out all day today & were back way before all the nightly madness begins!

13. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Dec 31, 2011

No madness here....just a lovely evening.

14. 1st-yr-teacher

1st-yr-teacher Comrade

Dec 31, 2011

I ended up hanging out with a friend, her kid and hubby at my house and have moved to their house to watch the ball drop. :) Not bad for last minute plans. Their 3 yo is having a grand ole time and showing no signs of slowing down. They will probably wish he went to bed earlier tomorrow. lol.

15. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Dec 31, 2011

Lauren is at a friend's; the other three of us are watching the Canada-U.S. game in the World Junior Hockey Tournament. I think I'll be bailing after the game. I haven't been feeling well the past couple of days, and that couple of hours of sleep is much needed.

16. tcherjen

tcherjen Comrade

Dec 31, 2011

Sitting at home enjoying the new year with my family. :)

17. chemteach55

chemteach55 Connoisseur

Dec 31, 2011

We cooked a seafood Gumbo and a big salad. My parents and in-laws came over to eat. The kids ate dinner with us then took off to parties. My parents and i-laws left earlier because it is very foggy tonight. I am working on lesson plans for the next month because I have some major things coming up with the club I sponsor and know I am going to be running around like crazy.

18. yarnwoman

yarnwoman Cohort

Dec 31, 2011

we spent the day making trips to the new house with small items that fit in the two cars. Stopped at 6pm for dinner and decided that we all needed the evening to rest and regroup. SO both kids are in their rooms and mom and I are downstairs. Tomorrow we will continue packing and make a couple more runs with the cars. Monday we get the moving truck. I am beginning to see that we will be able to get al of the stuff moved before teh kids return to college on the 7th. THen mom and I just need to get settled in the new house.

19. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Dec 31, 2011

Well, we went out to dinner and have been back in the house watching t.v. and playing games. We're just waiting for the ball to drop.

20. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

Jan 1, 2012

I sat home with terrified puppies. Fireworks are a nuisance and should be banned inside city limits, except at public events. It sounded like our neighborhood was under attack last night, for over five hours straight. I haven't looked outside yet, but each year the debris in my yard is worse and worse. As long as we have dogs, we will never be able to leave the house for holidays with fireworks.

21. chemteach55

chemteach55 Connoisseur

Jan 1, 2012

They are illegal within the city limits where I am so since we are a little outside the city limits, they are constantly shooting them around here. My cat would not leave my lap last night and my parents had to give their dog a tranquilizer. If people would only realize how dangerous fireworks are and they are just handing them over to young children.

22. smalltowngal

Jan 1, 2012

We had fireworks shooting right by our house. Both our next door neighbor and the neighbor across the street were shooting them off. It sounded like a war outside our house. We had a dog that would go CRAZY duirng fireworks. We took him to my dad's house in the country to get away from the noise. My lil dog never left my lap last night either.

23. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jan 1, 2012

Both my next door neighbors and a good friend were in Times Square last night. It was the perfect night for it, incredibly unseasonably warm.

Of course my next door neighbors didn't need the warmth. She has a job that enabled them and their kids to have a space (either an office or hotel room, I'm not sure) right in the midst of the excitement. They had heat and bathroom/ beverage access. So they brought their 2 preschoolers in for the evening.

My other friend called just after midnight from the city. I'm not sure exactly where she was, but she "saw the ball drop." I'll get the details later.

24. fast chalk

fast chalk Comrade

Jan 1, 2012

We had fireworks shooting right by the river, we went to Puerto Madero, a cool harbour near downtown. We arrived at 10 o clock and we left at 2.00 a.m. The fireworks were totally amazing, I took more than one hundred photos and we danced.
    Earlier we had had our homemade dinner -chicken sandwiches-.
    We enjoyed a happy New year´s eve!!!!!!!!!! :thumb:

Hope 2012 comes with health, love, peace, work and awesome surprises for everybody!!!!!!:hugs:

25. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

Jan 1, 2012

And the fireworks have started again. One dog hiding in the closet, one in my lap, one with my husband, and our rescue running around barking and growling at everything. So ready for this to be over!

26. smalltowngal

Jan 1, 2012

Don't they know it's over?! I'm sorry, Celia, hopefully they don't have too many more left.

27. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

Jan 1, 2012

Wishful thinking. They were all on sale clearance yesterday and maybe even today so I'm sure they are well stocked. Oh well. I guess it only happens twice a year.