New way to take preschool attendance?

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by teachpk, Dec 29, 2017.

1. teachpk

teachpk Rookie

Dec 29, 2017

I am thinking of a different way to do preschool attendance. I've seen on Pinterest where they use those velcro dots for name cards and have the children find their name card and "stick" it to the chart daily. I like the idea of the children doing attendance.

Do any of you have any ideas or have tried the velcro dots?

Thanks!

3. Hokiegrad1993

Hokiegrad1993 Comrade

Dec 29, 2017

I like the idea of children doing attendance. Where I worked we sing songs like is so and so here today and have the kids identify that person.

4. AlwaysAttend

AlwaysAttend Fanatic

Dec 29, 2017

Ive also seen magnets on cookie sheets. So they also move when they go to bathroom, nurse, office, etc.

Same principle I guess.

5. Zelda~*

Zelda~* Devotee

Dec 29, 2017

I use my Smartboard. The kids like making their names "fly" up to the top of the "At School" column.

AlwaysAttend likes this.
  6. vikashpicker

vikashpicker New Member

Jan 9, 2018

I think we have to use different ways to take attendance like adding coins in playschool as a number of children. I have the list of some playschool in Nagpur who used a different technique to take attendance.

7. msaly

msaly Comrade

Feb 5, 2018

My kids check in everyday. We are the frog class so I have a tri fold board and each child has a frog with their name on it. They are attached with Velcro dots on the sides of the board and then there are logs in the middle that I hot glued on. Each log has a Velcro dot on it. Every morning the kids come in, hang up their backpack and put their frog on a log.

8. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Feb 6, 2018

My 8th graders take their own attendance with magnets. They move their name magnets to columns for line one, line two, salad bar, brought lunch, or not eating. Lunch count and attendance in one! I would think the little ones could do something similar.

9. Teacher234

Teacher234 Cohort

Feb 26, 2018

Write the student's name on a pop-sicle stick.
    Then, when the student arrives to you classroom, they hand you their pop-sicle stick and you hand them a morning work assignment.

Another idea:
    Write the student's name on a pencil. When the student's arrive to your classroom, they pick up their assigned pencil. The student's who have not picked up their pencils are the ones who are absent from school. (In addition, it can be a fun counting activity for you...lol)