New to Treasures! PLEASE HELP ME!

Discussion in 'Third Grade' started by GTR3, Sep 21, 2009.

1. GTR3

GTR3 Rookie

Sep 21, 2009

This is our 1st year teaching Treasures. Does anyone have test they have made up that they would like to share? My team is having difficulty justifying they ones that the series gave us. It would be greatly appreciated. We are all overwhelmed and confused. Please tell us it gets easier.

3. corney

corney Companion

Sep 22, 2009

Good luck with it, as a parent I don't really like the series and my daughter struggles with those tests big time.

4. blessedforlife

blessedforlife New Member

Oct 23, 2009

Hi I was not able to attach the links to this reply. But once your in the discussion tap, notice the green pencils to the left. Go down to the six one - heading mcgraw hill treasures open it and scroll down, there are three links that were very helpful for me. Good Luck!!

5. blessedforlife

blessedforlife New Member

Oct 23, 2009

ok so each time someone post it adds another pencil.....sorry I am new to this site. So just to make certain once in the discussion tab, look for the Heading - Mcgraw Hill Treasures once in scroll down to the bottom and you should see the 3 links!

6. COMrs.S

COMrs.S Rookie

Oct 24, 2009

GTR3,

This is my second year teaching with the Treasures program, and I have to say it is amazing!!!!! Last year, the kids didn't do so great on the weekly tests but now that this year's kids have had a year the tests are getting easier. Remember that you have to model how to take the test. The first couple weeks, my team and I read and model how to take the test. After a while, we start letting the kids become more independent with taking the tests on their own. It does get easier!!!!! If you have any other questions about the series, please ask!