New Teacher...Need Help!

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by missbianca, Aug 21, 2010.

1. missbianca

missbianca Rookie

Aug 21, 2010

:dizzy:Hello!
    I was just hired a few days ago as 2 and 3 year old preschool teacher. We start class in SEVEN days. My classroom is a blank, I have no lesson plans, and know that I need to come up with something fast. This is my first teaching position so I do not come with a good "bag or tricks" yet. Please help. What would you do if you were me? I need help!!!

3. scmom

scmom Enthusiast

Aug 21, 2010

1. Curriculum should be mostly play-based so you need to find out what you have to work with. Do they have a fully stocked classroom with toys, manipulatives, etc? Do they have a curriculum they follow or are you expected to come up with it?

2. Are they giving you a schedule to follow or are you creating one? Include short circle times, art, sensory activities, music and movement, outside time, and lots of free play. They can do some small group stuff once they are trained.

You will be potty training and changing diapers. Is it full day or half day? Naps, snacks and lunch need good procedures to keep you sane. There are lots of resources out there. Good luck.

4. missbianca

missbianca Rookie

Aug 21, 2010

It is a half day program 8-11:45 and a nicely stocked classroom of books, supplies, and toys. I need to create my schedule and curriculum.

5. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Aug 22, 2010

Go to a web site and use it as a starter.

PRESCHOOL BY STORMIE IS a suggestion made by another poster. It will give you enough to get by until you can gather your thoughts and materials.