New Teacher here!

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by smpeterson77, Nov 18, 2010.

1. smpeterson77

smpeterson77 Rookie

Nov 18, 2010

Hi everyone!
    I am new to this forum, and about to start my first jobs as a preschool teacher. I just want to introduce myself here in the preschool forum! I am so excited I found this forum, because I am super nervous about starting this job!
    I'm looking forward to reading about other's experiences with teaching preschool!
    Cheers:)
    Samantha

3. aeger908

aeger908 Rookie

Nov 18, 2010

Welcome!

Welcome to our forum! Congrats on the new job! Being a preschool teacher is so rewarding! Good luck! :)

4. gr8_life

gr8_life Companion

Nov 18, 2010

Do some reading. Bev Boss is the "guru." She is a little "out there", but a real classic in the field.

5. smpeterson77

smpeterson77 Rookie

Nov 19, 2010

Thanks for the welcome, and suggestion! I will definitely check out Bev Boss:)

6. Momma C

Momma C Comrade

Nov 19, 2010

:welcome:

7. MuckeyBusiness

MuckeyBusiness Companion

Nov 27, 2010

Hey Sam,
    Welcome to the forum! I remember being the new teacher a few years ago and let me tell you... this forum has been my lifesaver. There are some really great girls here with a lot of knowledge! Let me know if you ever need anything cause i was in your shoes just not too long ago. I just started working with the preschool age this past summer as well. My aim screenname is muckeybusiness and my yahoo messanger is baseballgal85. Hope to hear from ya!

8. MsMar

MsMar Fanatic

Nov 27, 2010

Hello and welcome! I'm now a high school teacher but did twos and pre-school for two years. And I have to agree with Bev Boss being awesome, very hands on and developmentally appropriate.

9. smpeterson77

smpeterson77 Rookie

Nov 28, 2010

Thanks so much for the welcome! One week to go before I start full time! I am putting in a few hours this week for orientation and to allow the kids to get comfortable with me. I will definitely be on the forum a lot this week reading all the posts I can before starting!
    Thanks for the offer of help, MuckeyBusiness! I may just take you up on it:)
    Samantha