New Supervisor

Discussion in 'Montessori' started by floss, Mar 8, 2010.

1. floss

floss New Member

Mar 8, 2010

Hi All,

I was just wondering if i could get your advice on something, I work in a Montessori Nursery which is accrediated (but only just and we are due a spot check soon). There are 10 Montessori teachers in my room, most of us are part time. Our fantastic supervisor left to try out new things and the new supervisor has arrived and decided to make a million changes to our classroom routines (not that we actually have routines) for example she wants to display our planning goals for our key children ! She wants to 'circle time' which is a big no no with us all.... our trouble is she is our boss..... she also wants us to plan weekly topics for the children ..... Please i would love to hear some advice as finding it very difficult to work with her at the moment.

Many thanks

3. tracykaliski

tracykaliski Connoisseur

Mar 10, 2010

My first question is whether or not your new boss knows anything about Montessori. When you say Montessori Nursery, what age group are you talking about? Meetings, or circle times, are certainly appropriate for the 306 classroom, but probably not much for the toddlers and DEFINITELY not for the infants.

4. Hoot Owl

Hoot Owl Aficionado

Mar 10, 2010

floss, looks like she needs some indoctrination into Montessori philosophy.