new reading program

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by ima, Feb 28, 2008.

1. ima

ima New Member

Feb 28, 2008

i teach jr. k in a private preschool and our current language arts program is being discontinued by the publisher. this was a great program since it covered alot of other concepts (beginning, middle, end, first & last, opposites, sequencing, etc) along with letter sounds/recognition. although i'm jr. k, i use a K version of the program.

can anyone recommend another good language arts/concept program that is readily available.

thanks for any help.

3. SanDiegoCavallo

SanDiegoCavallo Rookie

Feb 29, 2008

I work for Cavallo Publishing, and we actually publish supplemental, early childhood educational materials that may help you. Our emphasis is on early literacy and oral language development, and we created a line called Letter Buddies that supports the understanding of alphabetic principles and letter knowledge. So each Letter Buddy has its own name and personality and teaches new concepts like letter recognition/formation, phonemic awareness, and vocabulary development.

Our ZooZoo series (with wordless, leveled nonfiction, leveled fiction books, and more) is focused on emergent to early fluent readers—the line works great for multi-level classes.

Please take a look at our website at CavalloPublishing.com. For your purposes, I would definitely check out the Letter Buddies Letter Books. We have free activities on the site and you can look over our products to see if they might prove helpful in your classroom! Hope that helps and good luck.