New Pre-K Teacher!

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by r2turtle, Aug 4, 2011.

1. r2turtle

r2turtle Rookie

Aug 4, 2011

First year pre-k teacher here....first year teacher period. :woot: I am super stoked to get the school year going. I have done subbing the past school year for Pre-k up to the 12th grade. I always just had a hoot when I subbed in pre-k. I guess I am wondering if y'all have any advice for me?

I start Monday with orientation all week. The kids start on the 15th. I found out I will have 15 with a majority of 3 year olds and a few 4 year olds. They are still working out who will be with me. I got to see my classroom the other day too. It was much bigger than I anticipated. I will have a teacher's aide to help with the students also. My classroom is going to set up for me. So I don't have to worry about that. I know much of my just unknowing will be answered at the orientation. I just always like to be prepared and have back up plan A and B. I really think I am going to enjoy pre-k. I do know I need to make a helper chart for myself and the assistant. What do y'all put on yours? I am just so ready to get into a routine of things.

3. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Aug 4, 2011

congrats and welcome preschool! :)

If you read back on the preschool forum, you'll get a LOT of awesome ideas... and of course we don't mind answering your questions or giving suggestions, too :)

My biggest piece of advice for you is.. relax and have fun. If you're having fun and enjoying yourself, the kids will, also :)