New Perfumes? What Are You Wearing Now?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by TeacherSandra, Aug 6, 2010.

1. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Aug 6, 2010

I tend to stay with lighter scents (Bath & Body Works) that aren't heavy when I'm at school. But, I really enjoy wearing a nice perfume when I am "away" from school.

Right now, I'm wearing Weekend by Burrberry. I got a whiff (one of those perfume-scented papers sent in the mail)of Tease by :blush: Paris Hilton; and it smells really nice.

What are you wearing?

3. terptoteacher

terptoteacher Connoisseur

Aug 6, 2010

I like the Bath and Body sprays too, but my husband thinks they smell like cotton candy.

I have Cool Waters and Alfred Sung....

4. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

Aug 6, 2010

I just tried the perfume sampler (mini sizes) from Sephora. It's about $45 and you get about 8 bottles so it's a nice way to have your choice everyday! I love the Euphoria by Calvin Klein in the set. I gave about 3 away that I didn't care for and kept the others.

5. DaleJr88AmpFan

DaleJr88AmpFan Cohort

Aug 6, 2010

Ode de Natural :) Hahaaaa.... I smell like my deodorant right now actually.

I have a couple of bottles of Bath and Body Works sprays-- cucumber melon and warm vanilla sugar. I can't remember the other spray that I have. Hmm.... Better start thinking of getting something for "back to school".

6. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Aug 6, 2010

I'd like to know what ladies out there are wearing as well, but not necessarily just for work.

I liked this cherry scent that Sephora used to sell, but it was discontinued before I had a chance to buy it. I like Calyx by the makeup brand Prescriptives.

I tend to like light, fruity scents. Are the DKNY ones where the bottles look like apples smell good? :)

7. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Aug 6, 2010

I love perfume . . . but I have horrible allergies to things like that. I have a hard time finding scents I can wear.

Dior makes a lot of fragrances I can wear. My favorite Dior fragrances are Addict, Addict 2, Hypnotic Poison, Tendre Poison, and Pure Poison.

Chanel No. 5 is a classic that I still love.

I recently bought Burberry Weekend and DKNY Be Delicious in the pink bottle. I have some Estee Lauder Pure White Linen that I wear sometimes. It makes my allergies crazy in hot weather, but it's a light scent that says "summer" to me. It doesn't seem "right" to wear in the winter. I also like Victoria Beckham's Intimately Beckham.

8. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Aug 6, 2010

I love Estee Lauder's Beautiful, and Beautiful Love. I think it's because my sister wore that when I was little (she's 15 years older than me), and I thought it was so grown up. It became my favorite.

My hubby brought me some duty free perfume from Germany last year. I can't remember the name, but it smells really good. I think it is Dior, maybe...

9. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Aug 6, 2010

I need some new perfume. I'm almost out of my Euphoria by Calvin Klein. I also wear Spider Lily Island by Crabtree and Evelynn (I think). My favorites is Romance by Ralph Lauren but dh doesn't care for it.

10. shouldbeasleep

shouldbeasleep Enthusiast

Aug 6, 2010

Amazing Grace by Philosophy.

It's okay. Almost too light and a bit powdery smelling. I don't think I'll stick with it.

11. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

Aug 6, 2010

In the summer I wear something light. I was wear a Bath and Body Works, but my husband kept telling me it smelled like marijuana, so I don't wear it anymore. Now I'm wearing Secret Charm body spray by Victoria's Secret. In the winter, I like Basic Instinct by Victoria's Secret. Which is weird cause I can count on both hands the number of times I have shopped there in my life.

12. myangel52

myangel52 Comrade

Aug 6, 2010

Be Delicious is the green one that looks like an apple. I like it -- light, fruity, but not overly strong or sweet. My only problem with it is that it fades rather quickly. (Not just to me, as anything I wear I adjust to and don't notice after a few minutes... I have used other people's noses for determining if you can still smell it.) It lasts for a few hours. That said, I do really like it.

I also have Idole d'Armani, which was a gift. Stronger than I typically wear, which is the bath and bodyworks blushing cherry bodyspray, or the Be Delicious. But it turns out nice on my after it has settled. More floral than fruity.

13. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Aug 6, 2010

Tresor

Eternity

Pleasures

14. teacher333

teacher333 Devotee

Aug 6, 2010

I only wear the Bath and Body Works, alternating between Warm Vanilla Sugar and Rainkissed Leaves. Everything else seems to change on me after I wear it for a while.

15. Miz_Aich

Miz_Aich Rookie

Aug 6, 2010

For the last 10 years, I have stuck with my own personal "Old Reliable" --- Charlie White. There's just something about the smell that works with my body chemistry.